• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

61 of 73 new markets lose money for SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, you should have stayed quiet, this was even dumber. Are you talking "operating profit" (income statement) or are you talking cash flow (statement of cash flows). Or, are you talking debt (balance sheet). The three are related, but not in any way that you are trying to tie them together.

Look up "free cash flow" and do the math, then get back to us about your suppositions.
Time will tell, and SW is going up.

Again you so called aviators are total idiots. Yes, lets all bash swa, come on, lets bash the only profitable airline that still pays its employees a decent wage and actually pays its bills. Wow!!!!!!!!!! What a concept. Lets be good to our employees and pay them well and pay all our bills and still scratch out a profit in this tough market. No screw swa. They suck. idiots. Maybe we'll all get what we're wishing for; Swa will lose money and their employees will have to take a pay cut down to our level. Yes, that's the ticket. Lets bring everyone down to our level.

All my friends are leaving jb for swa, or want to leave jb for swa -- that must mean the end of swa is near.

What's your point? In early 2001, guys were leaving SWA for United. All that tells me is that pilots go for the flavor of the month. I swear pilot's have no long term memory whatsoever.....along with the rest of America. :rolleyes:

What's your point? In early 2001, guys were leaving SWA for United. All that tells me is that pilots go for the flavor of the month. I swear pilot's have no long term memory whatsoever.....along with the rest of America. :rolleyes:
Well to be accurate, WN has been the flavor of the past 68 months and counting......

SWA's stock has been sucking wind for about 5 years now...

That's the main reason for the stock buy back program. Their growth has not been profitable enough to increase shareholder value.

In SWA's case, the stock buy back program is only a short-term answer to bolster the stock price and keep investors at bay. There is only so much free cash and revolving debt available to buy your own stock.

SWA will need some very profitable growth or the investors will start bailing.

Again you so called aviators are total idiots. Yes, lets all bash swa, come on, lets bash the only profitable airline that still pays its employees a decent wage and actually pays its bills. Wow!!!!!!!!!! What a concept. Lets be good to our employees and pay them well and pay all our bills and still scratch out a profit in this tough market. No screw swa. They suck. idiots. Maybe we'll all get what we're wishing for; Swa will lose money and their employees will have to take a pay cut down to our level. Yes, that's the ticket. Lets bring everyone down to our level.

Amen brother! You read this post, and would think that everyone would be thrilled if SWA went under. Boy, that would be one final kick in the Jimmy in an industry where they hand those out(jimmy kicks) like candy. Wouldn't it benefit everyone if a company that pays people well, treats them even better succeeds? Wouldn't that put pressure on the other fart knockers to start paying well and treating people well? I guess you want the bastion of good pay/good treatment to go away so that there is no hope? Good thinkin'...

It's a joke. Are you trying to draw attention away from your ginormous a$$ again or has flying boxes dulled your senses?

That's a joke too. I think.

Well to be accurate, WN has been the flavor of the past 68 months and counting......

Ok???? What's your point? UAL was the flavor of the month for a while before 9/11 too. Now SWA, UPS and FedEx are......what will it be in 3, 5, 7 years is anyone's guess but I am sure we will be hearing "ooooh, I've always wanted to fly for ____".....uh, huh....riiiiight!

It's a joke. Are you trying to draw attention away from your ginormous a$$ again or has flying boxes dulled your senses?

That's a joke too. I think.

Yep, being off all the time has dulled my senses......AND made my size 16 a 20 cuz I have nothing to do but eat my crew meals and bon bons...! :eek:

Latest resources

Back