Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

6000 Hours in Jet required to fly Premier???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airludy

I was going to apply for a job flying a premier sitting right seat. They want the F/O to have 6,000 jet time. Who is going to sit right seat on a single pilot airplane, when they have enough hours to fly at a major airline???

are you kidding!?? 6000jet to sit right seat? even 6000jet to sit left seat is unbelievable

Sounds to me like a owner operator baby sitting job. Or someone has written a ad for the HR department that only the person he already wants can fill.

Bear in mind HR depts write lots of ads. Sometimes they shoot high....6000hrs jet a bit crazy but whatever....
then they take what they can get.

Answer the ad if you are interested.

I have yet to meet the "mins required" at any job I was hired at.

Yes he would give me the job if he could, but he seriously believes that both pilots need 6,000 JET, not just total. I didnt want to argure. But good luck finding someone to sit right seat in a airplane that you cant even log the time with 6,000 jet...He would have to pay them like 70k a year.. I mean wouldnt you apply to southwest airlines or some good corporate jobs???

airludy said:
Yes he would give me the job if he could, but he seriously believes that both pilots need 6,000 JET, not just total. I didnt want to argure. But good luck finding someone to sit right seat in a airplane that you cant even log the time with 6,000 jet...He would have to pay them like 70k a year.. I mean wouldnt you apply to southwest airlines or some good corporate jobs???

yeah someone with 6000 jet time is really interested in "building time" or making 70K/yr........hardly....

This may also be your friends way of saying "stop asking me"

:eek: .

6,000 hours is beyond absurd! The three guys I know that are typed single-pilot in that airplane barely have a third of that time!

I'd like to hear the full story on this gig.

It's the typical play, guys...if someone you really don't like keeps asking you to hire them, you just make up imaginary minimums that you know the applicant can't meet, to get out of having to say you don't want to hire the person because you think they are a jerk/look funny/smell funny/etc.

Last edited:
I dont agree

It would be nice if everyone required some decent time to get a flying job. 6k might be a little much, but not much. Don't mean to rant, I'm just tired of running across the low time guys that have no business being in the seat their in. You cannot replace TT. There is no "conversion factor" for it. I wouldn't want to let a doctor operate on me that only had to do 1/4 the work and experience that others did because he could check a couple of extra boxes.

Wether it be lower mins for mil, quotas, or even preference for degrees, I wouldn't mind seeing this shift.

Please dont slam me and say I only think that because I have my time, pull the ladder up...nothing is further from the truth. Even when I was low time, I was disappointed that things like CFI's didn't need 1000 plus for rating.

Would be a nice change, IMHO.

Latest resources

Back