• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

$600,000 to spend...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with somedude. With that amount of cash I did think the guy is ready to pony up for what it cost to maintain an aircraft. Those older hawkers and the like are cheap for a reason.
You might be able to buy a 727 for 250,000 but a C or D check can easily run above 1 millon and chances are that is why it is for sale.

some_dude said:
I'd go with several hundred block hours of charter, if that's the budget. Find a reputable operator.

Exactly...even at 3 grand an hour, that's a good 200 hours a year of flying. And it's turn-key.

They have MUCH better options than buying a plane and setting up a flight department.

The savings by NOT having at least 2 or 3 employees on the payroll, plus maint, ect...

They are WAY better off buy a block of charter.

$600K isn't enough for six to eight seats and a lav on anything that isn't very old and very expensive to operate.

A DC-3 would do it, hire pilots who are also A&Ps.

$600K is a tough number to work with. I've been helping my old boss with a similar search for nearly 2 years. It's an exercise in futility. He recently upped the budget to about $1.6mil after realizing how much maintenance is involved in buying an old POS airframe. Now we're looking at well maintained B200's and TBM700's.

$600k no problem

Hello!?!? You don't sell a guy with a $600k budget an old p.o.s. jet that will cost a fortune to keep in the air. With most flights within the State there is no reason to fly any kind of jet at all. With that budget he can buy the VERY best 421, 414, 685 Twin Commander, Chieftan, etc. All of these fit his needs and he would have change left over.

DO328FLYER has your answer.

I'd listen to him and look in that direction. You'll be pleasantly surprised at the options available to you. The first place I'd call is Colemill (I don't work for them) and ask about a Panther conversion.

IrishFlyer said:
I noticed a similar thread in this forum. I need some opinions what you could get for $600,000, the buyer would like to use the A/C for business and for his own personnel use. Requirements would be 6 - 8 seats and a lav. Trips would mostly be in the south TX region with an occasional out of state flight.

Cheers,

IF

Cessna 402 with a Little John & Lady J adapter

Your all set!

Latest resources

Back