6 weeks and no answer from XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

donvag

I applied for Express Jet 6 weeks ago and I have been reading gouges and people who applied weeks after me have already interviewed and are starting class. How long have you guys been waiting? Im starting to suspect it is because of my ethnic name and last name.

Trust me on this one, it has nothing to do with your ethnic background. My husband also applied online about 6 weeks ago and has heard nothing (and he's currently at a 121 airline with turbine PIC time on his resume). I don't know the why's or how's of their recruitment process (and I work here). If you come up with any good ideas on how to speed this process up for those who have been waiting for weeks, post it here....I'd love to speed this up for my husband, too.

good luck....

Did you ever consider it might be your very low total time? There are pilots with 8 times your experience looking for the very same jobs. It's a tough industry right now, and the forecast doesn't look any better. Good luck in your search.

6 whole weeks? I can't imagine what that might be like. Oh wait, that's right I applied for several years before I got my first 121 job (with several times your experience). Be patient, as the previous poster said it's very competitive now (come to think of it, it's ALWAYS very competitive) and you have a relativly small amount of experience.

I waited about 8 weeks or so for a phone interview. I am an impatient person as well at times, however in this market today you just have to learn to sit and wait it out at times.

All of the recruting team at XJT are working very hard to fill classes with quality and qualified people, which there is an abundance of right now considering the state of the industry. If you meet the minimums by all means apply, but understand that there may (more than likely will) be many others applying at the same time that not only meet, but far exceed the minimums.

Your lucky, hopefully they will never call you. Ill pay you minimum wage to come mow my yard instead. Once in a while I will cut your pay too, or at least threaten it. I will only make you work 10 hr days though, and you can sleep in my crashpad out back, i mean one car garage.

Just have to be patient, it took 3 weeks for me, but I have several friends with your time that waited 5-7 weeks before the call. With mins of 600/100 there will be a TON of people applying, and thats a whole lot of resumes to look at. It is extremely difficult, but just keep flying and be patient.

Maybe you should have told them you were black and female. They probably would have called the next day to offer you a captain's position.

donvag said:
Im starting to suspect it is because of my ethnic name and last name.
Please, oh, please tell me that's flame bait.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back