550 copilot pay question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ERJFO said:
Just curious as to who had flight departments up in the Seattle, WA area? FBOs/charter companies will work too. I'm not really looking for a flying a job, maybe line-service or phone-answering on my days off. Thanks.
(http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=86132)

Perhaps once you see the light of being a professional, you will not need to clean $hiters for a few extra bucks.

I got upgraded to the 550 w/ just under 1000 also. Probably make around 25+. Since I'm not a F/O in the jet AND captain in a turboprop, and just a jet F/O, I'm not expecting much. Plus w/ my low time, insurance wont allow me to upgrade anyway so although I dont look at it as a FAVOR, I do appreciate where I am and enjoy my JOB.

(FWIW the type has the SIC limitation on it)

WMUSIGPI said:
Which SIC limitation? SIC required or SIC privileges only... there's a big difference.

SIC Priv Only

FlyMeSWA said:
SIC Priv Only

Then you might want to double check the fine print in your insurance about needing two type rated pilots. Your type rating does not allow you to be a PIC. It's a paperwork exercise to get around ICAO requirements for international flights. Your insurance might be expecting two pilots with PIC qualified type ratings. If so, and they find out you are only SIC typed they will have grounds to not pay up. Charter outfits have been BSing clients by claiming everyone has a type rating even though a few are the SIC only ones... It's misleading at best, outright lying at worst. It's too bad the FAA didn't see that one coming and just have everyone get the PIC type instead of this SIC only nonsense.

Pay across the board is way to low, until pilots demand more they will not increase. I hire plumbers, carpenters, and labors with a highschool diploma or GED and pay them much more than a highly rated pilot. Why! because I have to.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back