550 copilot pay question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pushntin said:
Man! what a break this kid has. Take it and run with it. There are some guys with three times the time and can't even set foot in a jet. Learn the ropes and find a gig right for you that pays some real greenbacks. Good luck.

The c-550 isn't a jet it's a turbine with really small propellers. (at least that's how it performs) ;)

20kish is way too low. Recently I was hired for my first part 91 flying job as SIC. CP asked me what I wanted to get paid. I asked for 40k, was prepared, and backed up the numbers. Company came back with 36k base, 100 p/wk to pay my fuel bill and 4 guaranteed bonuses p/yr.

Oh, and I'd rather fly a C-550 any day opposed to flying an rj for 18k.

yeah, if you get anywhere near 30k as an offer, take it. I know my company would try to lowball that too.

I started my corp career in a Hesitation II about 10 years ago, 135 and typed when I got hired for 20K. I was pumping gas, flight instructing, getting some Cheyenne stick time every now and then and damn happy someone hired me with such little jet fuel experience. I would say in today's numbers 35K would be a pretty good start. Just remember you are VERY LUCKY to get an opportunity like this at this stage in your career. Get the type, get the experience and re-negotiate or move on.

Good luck,
FF
:D

Jeff775621 said:
Thanks for the adivce, i already have about 115 hours in the C-550 so i have some exirence in the aircraft already, the guy whos going to be captian has i think 5 hours or so in the 550 so i feel im already qualified for a decent salary.Thanks for the help.

-Jeff
This is flame bait right. I guess not. I think you are right. Ask for $58k you are worth it. With 115 hrs right seat, you got enough time to move on to a 747 and ask for $258k. For the record I believe the job with his experience. 1st yr 32k 2nd 38 3rd 45k

Last edited:
Jeff775621 said:
Thanks for the adivce, i already have about 115 hours in the C-550 so i have some exirence in the aircraft already, the guy whos going to be captian has i think 5 hours or so in the 550 so i feel im already qualified for a decent salary.Thanks for the help.

-Jeff

Just don't get ahead of yourself, after all you only have 900 hours and haven't seen much yet. I would however start paying attention to detail, your spelling is fricking horrible and paints a negative picture. If you are looking for a job, I do hope your resume and cover letters are error-free. Heck, use spell check if nothing else!

Just a thought...

FF

An FO position in a 12,500 pound airplane is more of a favor than a job. I think if you are getting 25,000 with benifits than you are getting a great deal.

ERJFO said:
An FO position in a 12,500 pound airplane is more of a favor than a job. I think if you are getting 25,000 with benifits than you are getting a great deal.

The difference here is that we are trying not to sell out just burn jet fuel.

Just because you fly a jet should not be an excuse to collect foodstamps, junior.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back