Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sphrynxlla

Stare at them
CJ2 single pilot for an owner. I am in charge of up-keep of the aircraft, cleaning, making sure all inspections are complied with, that sort of thing. I am gone on average of 4 days a week and fly an average of 30 hours a month. No bennies.
What should An acceptable pay range be for this job??

Sounds like a CP job to me. Without bennies I'd say at least 70K, maybe more or less depending on where in the US you're based.

Hope this helps,
FF

CJ2...The going charter rate is 70K on the low end.

For managing a part 91 aircraft I'd say 85K or higher. No bennies? Figure an additional 22% to cover your own benefits.

English said:
CJ2...The going charter rate is 70K on the low end.

For managing a part 91 aircraft I'd say 85K or higher. No bennies? Figure an additional 22% to cover your own benefits.
I agree.

Being gone 4 days a week isn't good and will get old real quick. Charge accordingly.

I'll jump in here because I have very strong feelings on the benefits issue. Good health insurance IS A MUST !!! If he doesn't want to provide them it's going to cost you lots to get it on your own.

I would agree that you need to find out what it would cost to get your own insurance and add that a the regionally accepted base pay. In NC I would say about 70-75K plus bennies..

My belief is that you get it when you come in, or you won't ever get it.

Just my .02.

English said:
My belief is that you get it when you come in, or you won't ever get it.

Just my .02.

I agree 100%. Corp jobs dont always have set starting pay like an airline. Negotiate your worth, reviews, etc..

What kind of time is needed to be typed in the CJ3? I have about 750 hours and a company is thinking about typing me (would just fly right seat with the chief pilot) and they're worried Flight Safety might not do it due to my low time. Basically just wondering what minimums are or how they deal with low time pilots.

thanks

ps I am going to call FS, but I thought I'd ask here first.

Latest resources

Back