Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

51 pilot sick calls...more to come...I'm sure!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anyone crunched the numbers to figure out how may FOs will be needed for 2009. Because we have furloughed 206 and there will be 92 more on 01/19/08...I'm expecting another list to come out...but I am curious how many FOs it will take to match CMR "staffing models."

As for "reassuring" everyone that this is not how the rest of the month is going to go...BS...everything they do ends up resulting in miserable failures. Take eMaestro, Fulough 2006, and now Furlough 2008. It's becoming comical. Then they try and justify their thinking by using the "staffing model" line...good luck with that RPiper.

Be prepared to get JM/JU.:angryfire

I still haven't come to a reason as to why he sent this memo out.
My only guess is that mass amount of pilots have been unleashing on CS. I for one, who haven never had a problem with scheduling finally lost it on a scheduler.
I was scheduled out of seniority, trying to be JM'ed into a day off, while we had 6 guys still on the list who hadn't been used.
She replied "You're on reserve, I can do what ever I want!" I lost it on her. A CP had been walking by, and waited for me to be finished with the call and asked if everything was "OK" I explained the situation, we went into his office, he called scheduling and pointed out that they had several other guys to use.
He said that this scheduler has been a problem recently.

That is the problem...being on reserve does not mean they can "do whatever they like." I wouldn't accept the trip and have them transfer me to a CP. Then tell them to check the tape. Use their recordings against them. You can call a union rep...but they are typically pretty worthless...regardless what Herman tells everyone when he is jumpseating.

Just remember my fellow professionals, don't post ANYTHING on an internet forum (this one or your internal COMAIR forum) that could be construed as taking part in, or organizing anything resembling a "sick out." The injunction that just got slapped on us here at UAL had NUMEROUS examples of supposedly anonymous internet postings that were used against us in court. Even though UA-ALPA obviously didn't organize a sick-out, the blame for the guys that did call out sick on their own out of anger, wanting time off, etc. (i.e. the guys getting furloughed here) fell right onto UA-ALPA's lap......the Railway Labor Act doesn't care if the union organizes it or not.

I saw a couple of posts above mine that looked a lot like posts I saw my company putting in front of a Federal judge just a few months ago.

I'm just saying.....be careful guys!

That is the problem...being on reserve does not mean they can "do whatever they like." I wouldn't accept the trip and have them transfer me to a CP. Then tell them to check the tape. Use their recordings against them. You can call a union rep...but they are typically pretty worthless...regardless what Herman tells everyone when he is jumpseating.
I highly doubt they really record all calls.
I have never heard a solid case where a pilot was repremanded because of a phone call. I've heard rumors, but they're just that...rumors.
I worked as a dispatcher at another airline and out DO tried to tell us all of our conversations were recorded as well. If they really were, we'd all be fired....not for yelling at crew members, but just the content of our conversations...of course they were all friendly, we were a tight nit airline.

But if they are really recorded, I'm sure they would only be used against the pilot....not in defense of.

Who really knows if it is true or not. But the point is to stand up to them and make them make their case to CP and leave the burden of proof to them. I am certain you tell them to check the tapes then if is true they will...and if not they will fake it as so not let on that the recordings are not real. Either way flip it around on them and make them prove your the most junior to accept the JM. Though I would love to hear the melt-down classics some guys have had with CS. I would be crazy.

I highly doubt they really record all calls.
I have never heard a solid case where a pilot was repremanded because of a phone call. I've heard rumors, but they're just that...rumors.
I worked as a dispatcher at another airline and out DO tried to tell us all of our conversations were recorded as well. If they really were, we'd all be fired....not for yelling at crew members, but just the content of our conversations...of course they were all friendly, we were a tight nit airline.

But if they are really recorded, I'm sure they would only be used against the pilot....not in defense of.

Yes, they do. I personally had a nice chat with MR when he was a CP about a conversation I had with CS.

After being DH from OMA to CVG to YUL and then finding out the CA did not time out until 4am and then had to DH back to CVG.

Me: "Does your chair swivel?"

CS: "What do you mean?"

Me: "Does it swivel around?"

Cs: "ah.... yah."

Me: "Well, why don't you swivel your F-n chair around and ask someone who knows what the F their are doing!"

MR told me he listed to the tape and they all had a good laugh, but I can't use profanity to the CSers.

Just remember my fellow professionals, don't post ANYTHING on an internet forum (this one or your internal COMAIR forum) that could be construed as taking part in, or organizing anything resembling a "sick out." The injunction that just got slapped on us here at UAL had NUMEROUS examples of supposedly anonymous internet postings that were used against us in court. Even though UA-ALPA obviously didn't organize a sick-out, the blame for the guys that did call out sick on their own out of anger, wanting time off, etc. (i.e. the guys getting furloughed here) fell right onto UA-ALPA's lap......the Railway Labor Act doesn't care if the union organizes it or not.

I saw a couple of posts above mine that looked a lot like posts I saw my company putting in front of a Federal judge just a few months ago.

I'm just saying.....be careful guys!

This is really good advice. Thank you, ualdriver.

Me: "Well, why don't you swivel your F-n chair around and ask someone who knows what the F their are doing!"

MR told me he listed to the tape and they all had a good laugh, but I can't use profanity to the CSers.
\
Well I stand corrected and I ask you.....did you get yourself a copy of the tape? That would be good to hear.

I've heard guys in the crew room, call CS and put them on hold for a while....that's always good for a laugh.

Latest resources

Back