Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

51 pilot sick calls...more to come...I'm sure!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

staylow

Another Hasbeen-Neverwas
Saw today RPiper saying there were 51 pilot sick calls on 12/03/08.

He also said they were able to avoid any "involuntary" JM events(WTF?)...everyone can rest assured that the rest of the month won't be like that.

Is RPiper that out of step? I am absolutely sure there are pilots who are getting furloughed who aren't going to work/sit reserve on X-mas or New Years if they are getting furloughed on 01/19/08.

Unbelieveable.

Saw today RPiper saying there were 51 pilot sick calls on 12/03/08.

He also said they were able to avoid any "involuntary" JM events(WTF?)...everyone can rest assured that the rest of the month won't be like that.

Is RPiper that out of step? I am absolutely sure there are pilots who are getting furloughed who aren't going to work/sit reserve on X-mas or New Years if they are getting furloughed on 01/19/08.

Unbelieveable.
I saw that too. 51 seems low to put a company in a tail spin like they were. Funny he says there were no involuntary JM, SINCE THERE WAS. And yes R Piper is way out of touch, but because DS tells him when to sip coffee

Last edited:
FYI: Just downgraded to 7/900 Fo. They called me on Sunday and Monday saying they were in a JM situation wondering if I could help. I guess they don't know I live 900 miles away.

The memo said, no "involutary" junior manning...that doesn't mean that there wasn't any VOLUNTARY junior manning...ie guys picking up time as was offered to me. (I didn't take as I didn't answer the phone when they called and didn't call back in spite of their offer of "easy money".)

He's gotta be naive intentionally.
He has to be smarter than this to understand that there will probably be record sick calls this month.
-Guys who are scheduled work Xmas and New Years who havent worked it in years past will use up their saved up sick time.
-All the guys getting furloughed will use it all up.
-All the guys anticipating to be cut after the next round will be using theirs....myself included.
-The the normal guys who just call sick every Holiday.

I wouldn't be suprised if Comair had recond cancellations this Holiday season. But I doubt the company would release the numbers, as it would be "gratifying" to the pilot group who want to bring the company to it's knees.

I didn't get the memo about the sick out. The union is getting the info out quick enough. If anyone was in the NYC/BOS/DCA area last Sunday you missed some fun times.

I looked at the reserve available list for "all" stations and there was only two FO names on the list yesterday at about noon. One was a Ready guy and the other was a A6 I think.

I was certain I was going to get tagged when I went to check out. It didn't happen...lucky I guess.

As for "reassuring" everyone that this is not how the rest of the month is going to go...BS...everything they do ends up resulting in miserable failures. Take eMaestro, Fulough 2006, and now Furlough 2008. It's becoming comical. Then they try and justify their thinking by using the "staffing model" line...good luck with that RPiper.

Be prepared to get JM/JU.:angryfire

There wasn't a sick out.
I was in BOS last Sunday.
We're you refering about the gate agent, Rhonda,
telling off the male FA that he was a "drama queen"?

Latest resources

Back