• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

$5000 to work at Piedmont

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I bet you are right...I wish that I worked at PSA whe they had the Dorks or worked for PDT over PSA. Good luck with your plans on moving to cargo.

Of course!! I just hit 1500hrs pic!! Believe me, I wanna get out and fly for a cargo carrier!!
But I can honestly say that my Years at PDT haven't been all that bad! The First 3 years were fukin awesome!!! I upgraded 2 years ago, and even though it hasn't been that great....................... it hasn't been that bad either!!
I have friends at almost every regional airline!! I can tell you this...... PDT ain't that bad!!

And if you didn't work at PDT you can't compare it to PSA! I gotta couple of buds at PSA!! Believe me.... its better here at PDT!!

Piedmont boy I know for you that's the best place on these planet. Give me a break

Last edited:
Piedmont boy I know for you that's the best place on these planet. Give me a break

Dude, You bring nothing to this thread!! You left PDT to go where??? Listen, I don't come to your place of work and kick dicks out of your mouth..... so
Be a good little boy and just go away!!

Last edited:
Dude, You bring nothing to this thread!! You left PDT to go where??? Listen, I don't come to your place of work and kick dicks out of your mouth..... so
Be a good little boy and just go away!!

I don't care who you are, that's some funny sh*t right there!

I never made less than $30K as an FO. Not even on year one.

Dude you should have taken that Airtran gig years ago.I tried to tell ya.

no sh1t - everytime I see an FL 717 or 737 i want to stick a fork in my eye. I think i'd be in the top 500 there by now if i'd taken the class.

atleast i know i'm not the only one - several other ALG guy hired at the same time turned it down also.

I never made less than $30K as an FO. Not even on year one.

same here - the lowest I made in taxable wages was my first full calander year in 2000 was 33,500. 99 doesn't count because it was less than 6 month at alg. 01-05 were all above 35,000 in taxable wages.

same here - the lowest I made in taxable wages was my first full calander year in 2000 was 33,500. 99 doesn't count because it was less than 6 month at alg. 01-05 were all above 35,000 in taxable wages.
Just crious: 2 questions.
1. How is the QOL today compared to 99? (I only had the luxury of seeing QOL plummet during my "career" during 2005-2006.)
2. Do you think (approx) 28K average of spendable income is good over a 6 year career?
I dont mean to come across as an a55, but I can not figure out why people stay at a job that is so miserable 75% of the time. I loved the flying but all the other crap was just plain crazy.

I dont mean to come across as an a55, but I can not figure out why people stay at a job that is so miserable 75% of the time. I loved the flying but all the other crap was just plain crazy.

I don't have my Ph.D., but I'm going to take a guess and say the majority of the people who stay in this industry don't think it is so miserable 75% of the time. I know I have my days were I complain just like anyone else, but I also don't think that I am miserable over half the time I'm at work. If you are that miserable doing this job then leave like you did. Like you said earlier your only here once so enjoy it. My only request is if you found something better then don't post crap on here that brings everyone down or starts a b!tch fest.

Just crious: 2 questions.
1. How is the QOL today compared to 99? (I only had the luxury of seeing QOL plummet during my "career" during 2005-2006.)
2. Do you think (approx) 28K average of spendable income is good over a 6 year career?

1. In '99 I was at another airline, and the QOL there was more miserable than PDT on it's worst day hands down. QOL is a funny thing... It is very much in the eye of the beholder. My QOL is somewhat worse than it was in '00, in so much as I dislike my base (LGA), there aren't as many four day trips as I would like and I could use another day off per month. I don't think that what we have seen at PDT is any different than what has happend at other regionals in the post 9/11 environment. If I lived in base, I am not sure that I would think that the QOL has changed much at all. Others opinions may differ... As I said, eye of the beholder.

2. No it isn't... But where are you making 28K/year for six years? Not PDT.

3. If you are miserable, leave. Life is too short. Probably will save me a headache when I fly with you anyway. Too much bellyaching is bad for the karma.

Latest resources

Back