Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

I DON'T get it.

I'm still not in the mile high club, so marrying an FA would definitely have some advantages (at least you'd have more chances).

cliff
YIP

Hi!

I DON'T get it.

I'm still not in the mile high club, so marrying an FA would definitely have some advantages (at least you'd have more chances).

cliff
YIP

I believe that it is a reference to the same-sex marriage laws in the state of Massachusetts. Still want to join the mile high club? :rolleyes:

Just say no to NJA, heavy iron is the only place to be! Just pray age 65 doesn't take effect or heavy iron will be an extra 5 years down the road. Also pray for no bad management or terrorist events to furlough you out of the heavy iron if you ever make it. Every d@mn job decision you make as a pilot is like rolling the dice. I put my money on NJA and so far I'm glad I did. I would love to have a career at the majors as they were back in the day, but I believe those days will never be seen again and that I'm not willing to wager my career on the majors ever being as good as I want them to be, at least not in time for me to wait for them to get better. I'm sure the majors will get something back, but I don't know how much or when that will be. I know NJA is a good place to be now and that it has a pretty good chance to stay that way, though I fully admit nothing in aviation is truly secure (even UPS and FedEx would have to take big cuts if the government ever allows full cabotage). A lot of guys bet their careers on airlines that are dead now, taking those careers with them. I chose NJA as a solid bet, as a good job now, and as a place to get more good experience to put to use getting another job if things don't look as rosy anymore or if some great new oportunity comes along. There are guys leaving NJA for SouthWest, UPS, and FedEx, though very few here are actively looking to leave. I highly suggest thinking seriously about NJA if you are at the regionals in either seat.

Just say no to NJA, heavy iron is the only place to be! Just pray age 65 doesn't take effect or heavy iron will be an extra 5 years down the road. Also pray for no bad management or terrorist events to furlough you out of the heavy iron if you ever make it. Every d@mn job decision you make as a pilot is like rolling the dice. I put my money on NJA and so far I'm glad I did. I would love to have a career at the majors as they were back in the day, but I believe those days will never be seen again and that I'm not willing to wager my career on the majors ever being as good as I want them to be, at least not in time for me to wait for them to get better. I'm sure the majors will get something back, but I don't know how much or when that will be. I know NJA is a good place to be now and that it has a pretty good chance to stay that way, though I fully admit nothing in aviation is truly secure (even UPS and FedEx would have to take big cuts if the government ever allows full cabotage). A lot of guys bet their careers on airlines that are dead now, taking those careers with them. I chose NJA as a solid bet, as a good job now, and as a place to get more good experience to put to use getting another job if things don't look as rosy anymore or if some great new oportunity comes along. There are guys leaving NJA for SouthWest, UPS, and FedEx, though very few here are actively looking to leave. I highly suggest thinking seriously about NJA if you are at the regionals in either seat.

This is a total lie. NJA is a terrible place to work. They treat you like meat, the hotels are drity rat holes, they don't feed you, the planes are old and look like crap, and the company is in huge financial trouble. It is a no brainer, stick it out at the regionals and majors. I see big things happening there. Really, nothing but better work rules and huge pay increases. Besides, pilots like to be look at like bus drivers. Right?:laugh:

Latest resources

Back