• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

50 Aircraft?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would say I lean toward pro union, even though I now work at a non-union company and greatly enjoy it. I've never been treated better, even though I don't have a CBA to ensure that stays the same.

Anyway, 7777 is right. B19 schools 95% of you. Agree or not with him, he has always come off as intelligent and makes his point without sounding like a 3rd grader.

gunfyter,

I am deciding if a union or non union company is where I want to look for employment upon retirement. That is my decision.

The 'Cause' seems to be for or against unions in nearly every thread that B19 and posters like yourself are in. It is rampant on this site.

Pro Union folks always talk about the worst scenarios in aviation. Anti Union always talk about it not being like that. I now have friends who work at Net Jets and CS. Some are pro union, some are not. All my friends love their jobs. Go figure huh? Which one is better for me...that is my decision.

Intelligent debate will do more for both sides than name calling and threats. It seems your side is always doing the mudslinging...why? Why not beat him/her with facts? You guys, with very few exceptions, always lose your cool and resort to the grade school comments.

You have a lot of people like myself reading this stuff for information. We are not in your world. When we see these kinds of comments, it makes me wonder what kind of people they really are.

The friends I have at Net Jets and CS (some are posters on this board) are not like this at all. They are former military and I have flown with them. They are GREAT pilots, however, these folks 'representing' your union arguments make your company look very bad.

I wonder if 19 will respond to my theory that he was part of the Aviators lawsuit against the FAA enforcement of duty and rest rules for non-scheduled flight operations?

All I can say is in the Frac world ... whether its a Union pilot group or not ... everyone's life and pay is Better because of the NetJets pilots union.

All I can say is in the Frac world ... whether its a Union pilot group or not ... everyone's life and pay is Better because of the NetJets pilots union.

I have been told that. My friends agree. I have no reason not to agree if they say it is so.

How flexible is the union going to be in this type of economy? What is going to be done to help both the company and the pilots? I know this is a broad question, but I look at what the UAW and management has done to the automakers and it is no surprise they are begging for money from me and you, the taxpayers, just to stay in business.

I don't know enough about NetJets to know how or if their union is any different. GM was the big boy on the block. United was the big boy on the block. NetJets IS the big boy on the block....now. You see my concern?

THAT is why I try and gleen as much information off these boards as possible. Intelligent, informative posts (B19, X-rated, ect.) by people working in these jobs/industry help me in my decision making process.

Having to wade through grade school insults to get to the substance in EVERY thread about this stuff is tiresome.

Well, I'm obviously on the union side, having paid dues and reaped benefits the past eight years. My only concern with the NJ union is that they might have seriously injured the golden goose by demanding too much too soon. OTOH, I've gotta agree with 7777 that B19 comes across as an intelligent adult while most of the responses to him are juvenile and silly.

Transpac, consider the big difference. A plane load of Legacy pax pay an average of a couple hundred per ticket. One of our owners pay $5 million for 1/4 share, and lots every month for hourly and monthly managemnt fees. Now, who can afford to pay their pilots six figures? We didn't get too much too soon. They held off that raise for over 4 years. That's hundreds of millions they banked. And after they started paying us well, profits soared.

Transpac, consider the big difference. A plane load of Legacy pax pay an average of a couple hundred per ticket. One of our owners pay $5 million for 1/4 share, and lots every month for hourly and monthly managemnt fees. Now, who can afford to pay their pilots six figures? We didn't get too much too soon. They held off that raise for over 4 years. That's hundreds of millions they banked. And after they started paying us well, profits soared.

Correct me if I am wrong.....and I might be because I don't know the contract, but wasn't there some reto pay involved? I am sure they tried to keep it all, but most new contracts carry a reto pay close that goes back to the end of the previous contract.

OTOH, I've gotta agree with 7777 that B19 comes across as an intelligent adult while most of the responses to him are juvenile and silly.

I will offer this......

You can be well spoken and uninformed. Look at a used car salesman.....they usually sound like they know what they are talking about, but the well-informed buyers know that he is full of ********************.

Can't believe that people know what they are talking about just because they sound like they know something.

my two cents.

Latest resources

Back