50 Aircraft?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would that be silly?

Do you think if they (union leadership) had connections with folks in the media they wouldn't use them in an effort to drum up business? It doesn't seem silly to me at all.

I am curious to read why you think that would be silly.

EDIT: We posted around the same time Flylow. All the more reason I don't think it is silly.

Last edited:
Maybe, but after reading that article, that would seem to be a stretch.

The article didn't come across as much of a sales tool as it did, doom and gloom. Much different from the television piece.

OK, enough about the union & the article.....

Is this rumor true or not??? (the 50 aircraft)..

OK, enough about the union & the article.....

Is this rumor true or not??? (the 50 aircraft)..

No. All of our planes have owners (even if they aren't fully owned by all the owners). You can't park one owner's plane, but continue to accrue time on another owner's plane flying everyone else's trips.

And even barring the above explanation, we aren't THAT slow.

Why would that be silly?

Do you think if they (union leadership) had connections with folks in the media they wouldn't use them in an effort to drum up business? It doesn't seem silly to me at all.

I am curious to read why you think that would be silly.

EDIT: We posted around the same time Flylow. All the more reason I don't think it is silly.

Its silly because I do not percieve that the unions would consider it part of there job scope to drum up business. Please do not take that the wrong way. I am sure they would probably do something on a personal level through conversation, but I do not see them doing anything formal, like this newscast. I am fairly certain that it would be some sort of violation of trust or contract issue.

Maybe silly was to strong of a word, but I just don't think it is in the realm of possibility that the union leadership would be doing formal interviews/sponsorship/talking with media withoout the consent of the company.

Remember: The union does not control the "Netjets/Flops" names...legally speaking the company managment does.

Last edited:
Maybe, but after reading that article, that would seem to be a stretch.

The article didn't come across as much of a sales tool as it did, doom and gloom. Much different from the television piece.

My friend...everything is a sales tool. From TV adds, every pilot flying the line, the catering that is put on the planes, how the telephone is answered......it all has potential to lead to sales.

Cold it be that the rumors B19 referred to were the Ultras? How many of those are left? About 50?

For those not in the know, the Ultra is being retired at NJA. They are being replaced with the Encore+.

Latest resources

Back