• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

$5,000 cash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope, the C-21 is a Learjet 35. But you are correct about it being fitted with turbines. Rocket engineering fitted the duke with PT-6's.

Nope, the C-21 is a Learjet 35. But you are correct about it being fitted with turbines. Rocket engineering fitted the duke with PT-6's.

Ya they did, but the price of the pt-6 conversion you could buy a nice king air 90 or 200.

In the army it was called the u-21 and I'm pretty sure the army doesn't have any jets allowed in their fleet!!!! It was called a u-21 and used to be a version of the duke with kingair engines, was unpressurized and until the mid 80's had no autopilot. My Dad flew them for part of his army Army aviation career.

Last edited:
In the army it was called the u-21 and I'm pretty sure the army doesn't have any jets allowed in their fleet!!!! It was called a u-21 and used to be a version of the duke with kingair engines, was unpressurized and until the mid 80's had no autopilot. My Dad flew them for part of his army Army aviation career.

The U-21 is an unpressurized King Air. It is similar to an A90.

Pretty sure? Low degree of certainty expressed on your part, perhaps with intention?

Maybe they are not allowed, but they are there anyway, along with the 155F MOS; Here is one example:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/US_Army_Gulfstream_C-20F_DRW_Butler.jpg

A variety of the things around certain airfields; Gulfstreams, Learjets, Citations. How could the offspring of an Army fixed wing puke be unaware of these things? Was your old man an RLO or something?

Pretty sure? Low degree of certainty expressed on your part, perhaps with intention?

Maybe they are not allowed, but they are there anyway, along with the 155F MOS; Here is one example:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/US_Army_Gulfstream_C-20F_DRW_Butler.jpg

A variety of the things around certain airfields; Gulfstreams, Learjets, Citations. How could the offspring of an Army fixed wing puke be unaware of these things? Was your old man an RLO or something?

Ah good an a$$hole!!! My Dad was medical service corp and he flew uh1 and uh60's primarily. He flew the "queenair"(queenair with king air engines) for a brief time during his 27 year career. He retired as a full Bird Col!!! So he never saw the jet because if his career track... Ie Xo and Co of different battalions and Bridgades. But yes ahole... He was a pilot in the army and he even got to wear a flight suit and everything. Of course as most career military he had to do his time at non flying positions but he was primarily a pilot. He even had a position as platform instructor at the aviation sciences dept at ft Rucker!!!
You may want to refrain from further comment sir!!!

Ah good an a$$hole!!! My Dad was medical service corp and he flew uh1 and uh60's primarily. He flew the "queenair"(queenair with king air engines) for a brief time during his 27 year career. He retired as a full Bird Col!!! So he never saw the jet because if his career track... Ie Xo and Co of different battalions and Bridgades. But yes ahole... He was a pilot in the army and he even got to wear a flight suit and everything. Of course as most career military he had to do his time at non flying positions but he was primarily a pilot. He even had a position as platform instructor at the aviation sciences dept at ft Rucker!!!
You may want to refrain from further comment sir!!!

A$$hole? Dead on description! You must have spent some time in the cockpit with me!

So, you now aware the US Army does indeed "allow" jets in their "fleet." Consider yourself a somewhat better informed citizen.

Latest resources

Back