• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

$464 from NY to LA............in 1975

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
" I use to think the same way regarding ticket prices. Until I read in a maco economics book that, price is not determined by cost of production, rather by supply and demand in the market place. "

Um, yeeeeeah ( he said in a Lumberg tone of voice ) I think everyone here fully understands how price can be determined via supply and demand.

And, in a black and white, economic vacuum sort of way that is a true statement.

However, there are a myriad of factors which affect both supply and demand and therefore indirectly affect pricing.

But, that is a long and tiresome discussion so I'll just leave it at that.

Additionally, the converse of your statement is also true and it can be said that price will determine supply and demand.

So, like the Internet, what is written in books....Ain't always the way it IS.

YKW

Last edited:
I'm going to outgeek you. That line was from the original Airport made in 1970! That makes that statement even worse. Try running the numbers on what that ticket would run now 40 years later!:eek:

Plus, weren't they flying from Chicago to Rome? Almost $2000 for an ORD-FCO trip one way on United with a stop in IAD.

For $134.00 on Delta you also get the same flight attendant from 1975.

I also heard that this very Flight Attendant was the A" Flight Attendant on the General's first trip off of IOE as a new hire 727 FE and still "buddy bids" with him today on those exotic trips to Lubbock. ;)

PHXFLYR:cool:

Latest resources

Back