45 more Rj's for Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tim,

I wouldn't put too much stock in that article. First, it's five months old....a lot has changed in five months. Second, it talks about DL taking delivery of all these additional CRJ700's which we know can't happen under the current contract with DALPA.

The whole article is just a mathematical exercise based on DL's orginal mega-RJ order placed back in 2000. However, a lot has changed since then and I doubt DL will ever take delivery of all those CRJ's that are on option.

I think the ATR's will stick around for a while. They're far more efficient for higher volume short hops to places like MGM,AGS,CHA. Last I heard, the ATR's will stay at least until 2006.

i was just wondering where you heard that delta is offering 45 CRJ-200's. i had just read they were offering 45 JETS, no specification. anyone care to elaborate?

We were told that these 45 jets are possible because of favorable financing from Bombardier.

There was a DAL pilot on a jumpseat who said he took a concession from 180k to 160k because of displacements and that we should make concessions next. He still makes 100k more than a CRJ CA and doesn't live paycheck to paycheck to live modestly.The DAL guys are all about ego, while others struggle to make ends meet. While what we could give wouldn't make a difference to the bottom line, they can have an impact on their airline. We have also had displacements. We can't afford paycuts, and won't agree to bring the bottom lower. It seems odd that the guys who complain about lowering the bottom are encouraging others to do it to save themselves.

WMS,

If he said that on your jumpseat, I would have kicked him off. That was just dumb to say that around people who don't even make close to the same amount. When I said earlier that Delta would want paycuts from you to pay for the additional 45 RJs, I meant that Delta didn't have the extra cash right now, and you would have to pay "for them." (literally) I still think that Delta will ask you for more cuts, but then NOT give you very many of those RJs---but allow someone with the cash to buy them---like Mesa or Chataqua. Also, that guy on the jump will enjoy atleast another 15% paycut soon---and I hope he doesn't start blaming it on you....

Bye Bye--General Lee;)

MedFlyer

You are absolutely correct. I did not look at the date of the article. Stupid of me to not look at that. But it still is interesting as the first individuals Delta went to for additional aircraft was Comair. The only other thing that is bothering me is the silence from our MEC as the meetings were over on Thursday. We should of at least got an email letting us know what is happening. Should be an interesting couple of months. Tim.;)

I wouldn't put too much stock in that article. First, it's five months old....a lot has changed in five months.

Yeah, a lot can change in five months. When do you think airlines make fleet decisions, a week, maybe two weeks in advance? Besides, if nothing else, it shows a thought process that ASA pilots should be aware of.

It also says that Delta was going to confirm orders, which is contrary to what many on this message board and on the street have been saying for a while. The General on this very thread has said this:

I meant that Delta didn't have the extra cash right now
Evidently, Delta has a means to confirm those Paris orders somehow. JMHO

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back