446th Airlift Wing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
psysicx said:
Wouldn't you have to be an O-3 or 4 with 10 yrs to make more then the airlines?

what kind of general question is this? "the airlines?"

wake up kid, the airline career is no longer what it used to be. Just ask the retired US Air and United guys about their medical benefits. Ask the Delta guys who are have taken a 46% pay cut.

Either go career military, and retire, or a civilian govt. (FAA, Customs) flying job, and retire, (<--- both of which you can be fully retired at age 50 and then you can go throw gear and hold the captains charts at SWA, FDX, UPS....) or try to latch onto Exxon-Mobil flight department, FedEx/UPS, or the few other fairly bulletproof jobs that are still left.

Retirement and medical benefits, stability, and a steady paycheck are the name of the game now.

The days of "I am not happy till I am flying a 747" ala Kit Darby are over.

Lots of us would rather fly a Baron at 100,000 a year if we were magically guaranteed retirement and a steady check versus 150,000 a year flying a 737 for Chapter-Eleven-Again Airlines.

I don't know which airlines the ones Magnum is talking about. Whats funny is you say go to the mil for 20yrs and the mil guys say go Guard/reserve. And the govt civ jobs are not hiring. Plus when did Delta and United become the only majors I thought they were the only ones losing there penisons? Why not do both and have two retirements?

psysicx said:
I don't know which airlines the ones Magnum is talking about. Whats funny is you say go to the mil for 20yrs and the mil guys say go Guard/reserve. And the govt civ jobs are not hiring. Plus when did Delta and United become the only majors I thought they were the only ones losing there penisons? Why not do both and have two retirements?

what ratings do you even have right now? This is a non-issue, presently, for you.

As far as major airline "pensions" (not 401ks) very few airlines have them anymore

dude get a grip, you are stuck in some sort of internet-fantasy-airline-land where all you do is ask thousands of questions on "QOL at XXX airline" or if NetJets will directly hire into the Gulfstream....dude who cares, why even ask, you don't even have a student pilots license

go back to airliners.net

Last edited:
satpak77 said:
dude who cares, why even ask, you don't even have a student pilots license

Is this true????

No its not true. If you didn't read my post several months ago I went back to college to figure out what I want to do. I have not asked QOL of in several months. I'm just doing research on different units since I'm almost done with college.

psysicx said:
No its not true. If you didn't read my post several months ago I went back to college to figure out what I want to do. I have not asked QOL of in several months. I'm just doing research on different units since I'm almost done with college.

Its not true? So what ratings do you have then?

"not asked about QOL in several months?" if you are a PPL now (see question above), you are several YEARS out from ANY major airline resume pile, much less an interview.

please answer the first question.

Latest resources

Back