• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

446th Airlift Wing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
psysicx has been on the forums since my above post and has failed to reply.

No further traffic from me...

psysicx said:
PVT throught comm.

could you please answer these....no, don't Google Search it for the answers, just hit REPLY and bang out the answer....

- Define V-Ref and how it is computed
- Translate this METAR

KDFW 300553Z 18012KT 10SM CLR 14/02 A2970 RMK AO2 SLP052 T01390022 10183 20139 402220028 53007

- Discuss AIM recommended traffic pattern entry at non-tower airport
- Discuss what typically happens when the temp and dewpoint are the same?

These are all basic IFR 101 questions.

Later...

Its 12:18 AM Central Time Friday Dec 30 2005 as I hit SUBMIT REPLY......

don't take too long to get back to us

Private through commerical? Uh no.. either you have one or the other (or different ratings for each).

For anyone that dosen't know this dude just clogs up the boards with loads of useless questions. He's that kid in class you always wanted to punch for asking stupid questions.

Why don't you just apply to anyone, hope you get picked up, then be thankful for the opportunity.

I agree...I am trying to be civil....however FI seems to have been infested lately (last 3-6 months) with pretend-pilot imposters who do indeed cause headaches for lots involved.

If you are not a pilot, fine, tell us, and thats ok!

If you are one, fine too!

But don't pretend to be one when you are not...

my post was at 00:17 on 12/30/05, I am still waiting his response

psysicx said:
Actually I'm more interest in how difficult it is to get picked up? How many boards do they have a year and is bumming possible?

I talked with all 3 squadrons back in Oct. The 728 and 313 are 120% manned and the 97 was hiring a couple of guys in Dec, but they where right off of active duty and fully qualed.

Also they are short on C-17 Inital Qual slots since AK, HI, MS, Travis, March and McGuire are standing up units this year. So they told me to keep in touch and come back maybe next FY to see if things change. If you are looking at a UPT slot, that might be a different story since it would be two years before you'd be back at the unit. Just remember, if you want to get hired, keep bugging them and hopefully you'll be at the right place at the right time. Good luck!

Hey KC, what has the 446th told you about crosstraining into another airframe? I assume they prefer prior C-17 dudes. Do they have any prior tanker guys there now? Also, looking at your hours, did you, or are you now in the process for Palace Chase? Thanks man.

prozac, right now they do perfer C-17 guys since they are all trained, but crosstraining into the C-17 from the KC-135 didn't seemed to be out of the question, just not this FY due to training slots. They have one prior 135 guy I know of and he has the last slot for this year.

As for me, I'm a full time reserve guy (reserve baby) and my unit is converting to the RQ-4 Global Hawk in 2008. I'm not ready for the point-and-click flying yet, but we are hiring!

Latest resources

Back