4-6-05 Mesaba Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey there all you XJ hopefuls!!!

Even though it's been many years since I sat waiting, I understand the agony of waiting to hear. I still remember the moment I got the thumbs-up letter. (it was a letter then)

Don't concern yourselves with the daily ebb and flow of rumors. Some of the stuff on here is fairly accurate and some of it isn't even close. The Towelie Guy seems to be fairly accurate most of the time.

Here's my observations from what has happened in the past and the current situation:

The number one reason calls are not going out quickly is the chaos that this sudden change of pace has caused for the training and planning depts. It has been a long time since the system has had to handle this number of bodies.. Take into account that very few saw this sudden surge coming and you get a sort of accordian effect. Fast and Slow...Fast and Slow... By that, I mean that they were told to move fast and get bodies in here, then the system reached capacity and then they had to sit back and regroup while crew planning dusted off the "big picture" and determined the number of upgrades neccessary to meet future needs. The 20 upgrades that resulted have limited the number of slots in early May for new hires, so the accordion is now moving slow and you guys are bunching up behind the next wave.

All of us are waiting impatiently for the "big announcement", and that only fuels the chaos. However, since the latest vacancy says that it is due to instructor needs that they are upgrading 20, I would be very optimistic sitting in your shoes. We have a quality training dept and the fact that they are not allowing themselves to be pushed beyond their ability to maintain that quality is in your best interest.

I guess the bottom line is "Hang In There" and avoid the negative rumors. All of us here remember sitting where you are and we're on your side. It's a great group of pilots and you will be welcome here. Good luck to all of you and hopefully we'll see you all soon.

thanks Livin!

I don't know how it works for the rest of the phone watchers out there, but after week 1 went by and no calls, I started to lose hope. It's nice to have someone in the company that has been there give us some encouragement, if only to keep us from quitting flying and becoming car salesmen. I suppose I will continue to answer the strange numbers that pop up on caller id for now. What's the statute of limitations on the phone call? Anyone know if they have ever waited as long as a month to call??

I received a phone call from Jody about half an hour ago letting me know I have been selected for FO with XJ! SWEET ACTION! The 5-2 class is all filled up, but they are now putting us into a 6-6-05 class! I don't know if this is what made the difference or not, but yesterday I was so worn out of worrying about this whole saga that I decided to call Jody's cell phone number and just thank them for the great experience and the professionalism that was shown to all of us on our 4-6-05 interview. I had to leave a message on her phone, but I decided to do it anyway just to let them know how much I enjoyed the interview process. I didn't mention anything about whether or not I got the job, instead I just wanted it to be a thank you note. I'm pulling for all of you guys that I met on Wednesday. Good luck!

I decided to call Jody today and actually got in touch with her. I told her that I enjoyed the interview and asked her how the selection process was going. She looked me up, and I was informed that I was not selected for a position, I didn't bother to ask why. I really wanted the job, but I guess my times are not competative 1400/250? I see alot of people with quite a bit more time, but at lease I have a 135 job now and I am not CFIin anymore. I really wanted to get on with them! Its a great company that is getting ready to grow! I can reapply in 6mos, so maybe then? I will have around 600 multi then and an ATP, not just the written. I felt like the interview went well (it was my 2nd interview with a regional). Good experience, but bad news.

So they placed you in a pool?

Way2broke... sorry to hear you weren't selected. Fly the 135 job and reapply in 6 months if XJ is really where you want to be. Persistence is not a bad thing... if anything it'll show them you really want it bad! I know this info sucks, but things happen for a reason.

Good luck to you...

FO

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back