4/3 ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Frac Daddy said:
And 3 days off is not long enough to be home. Not to mention, you would be away from home and additional two weeks vs. the 8/7.

Daddy you are right on the money here. 7/7 would be the best balance but I don't see that until we get a contract.

One of the great things I like about 7 off is being able to plan good trips with my family without taking vacation. 3 days like you say is just not enough time.

4/3 over 8/7?

For those of you advocating 4/3...have you considered the fact that you will ALWAYS work the SAME days of the week? And you most likely won't be able to pick which ones that is. Some folks will work weekdays and some folks will work over the weekends.

SCENARIO: Your wife works Mon-Thur in her career, your children are school aged. You are assigned on the 4 on 3 off schedule to work Thurs - Sun. You now NEVER share a common day off with your wife or children except for vacations, illness, or holidays (but only holiday for them - we still work (at normal pay)) What a family wrecker that schedule will be. That could happen to me if they institute 4 on/ 3 off.

Right now they have six days of work from you in between days of airlining, which may or may not allow company flying depending on the particular airlining schedule. Each four day tour will only have 2 days of airline free work in between airline days. Our productivity would be way down, and there airline costs would basically double. I can't imagine who would decide that would be a good move for us as a pilot group. We will all wait and see, like we always do.

Raj,

I think we all need some of what you're smokin' if you swear by a 4/3 schedule. We'd all be in a perpetual schedule that would never change days off and on. We'd be riding on the airlines more than twice as much (which ask almost any fracker and they'll say that's the worst part of the job). We'd work more days for the same pay. And you'd actually have to bid and be AWARDED vacation if you ever want to do anything besides mow your lawn and wash clothes on your days off.

I agree with the fatigue effect, just ask anybody I've flown with what Day 7 is like with me. For any of us, really. But still give me 7 days off to recoop from time away from home.

If I was King:

5 and 5 would be an option for a schedule
7 and 7 would be too because I know so many of you love it, although its not a schedule that I like

Give me a 4/3 schedule.....

.....and I would quit. I would rather sell fish to a blind man than work that schedule.

rajflyboy said:
If I was King:

5 and 5 would be an option for a schedule
7 and 7 would be too because I know so many of you love it, although its not a schedule that I like

. . .and if 4/3 is your standard schedule, your opponent gets my vote. Although you don't really vote for King do you? Ok, I'd have you assasinated and your brother would take the throne.

thor said:
I told you guy before. The management team at Flight Options is just PLAIN STUPID, STUPID, STUPID. The stand in CEO did not ask anyone about the cost of 4/3 before he opened his silly little mouth and I bet ya a buck that none of the jello eatin' sissy boys on the management team have told the stand in CEO how STUPID his comment because of SUCK UP to RICCI mentality that still prevails.

Well it is because of all the "Kool-Aid" drinking management and CA live in CGF. They are home everynight and never go out on the road. So therefore they have no clue what actually happens on the road.

Hey...

Did the used Hawker PM kiss enough butt to get promoted yet? I last heard that he was after the vacated chief pilot position. Nothing like having someone with less than 1,000 hours fixed wing time running the show!!!:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back