• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

3048 CVR Monitoring.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA can't stop a fly from landing on a piece of horse dung, what makes you think they will stop this?

You, my friend, need to do a little reading. While not a perfect record, the history does not support your statement.

If this is defeated, it will most likely be due to efforts spurred and directed by ALPA. Like them or not, they are the only organization capable of making our case. Once again, leaving me to wonder how many folks at non ALPA carriers are freeloading?

But forget that, and just write your reps and get this defeated.

This act would be the death of LOSA, ASAP and FOQA and would set back airline safety to about where we were culturally in 1958.

It won't pass. At least I hope not.

This act would be the death of LOSA, ASAP and FOQA and would set back airline safety to about where we were culturally in 1958.

I don't think it will either, it would be the equivalent of phone tapping all politicians.
As far as ASAP, wasn't there a thread on here not to long ago about a crew getting fired for actions in the cockpit, even though they had ASAP on the property?

What I'm getting at here, is that no matter that the "rules" are, there will be special exemptions to the law/rules.

I hope no one here is going to be ofended in I change
ALPA for TEAMSTERS right!!!!

I don't think it will either, it would be the equivalent of phone tapping all politicians.
As far as ASAP, wasn't there a thread on here not to long ago about a crew getting fired for actions in the cockpit, even though they had ASAP on the property?

What I'm getting at here, is that no matter that the "rules" are, there will be special exemptions to the law/rules.

ASAP is not a guarantee of not getting fired, it is just a way of reporting a mistake, without having action taken against the crew in the interest of safety. The biggest thing of ASAP is you can't knowingly violate a rule. A really good example is the NW guys who said they were using their computers. That is a purposeful violation of the rules, so not an ASAP thing, they can get fired. However if they had just said they had fallen asleep and didn't know why, then they would have been covered under ASAP. They did not intend to break any rules, but it happened.

I agree wholeheartedly, everything that we and our predecessors will be wiped out by the passage of this bill into law. It will set the stage for an era of dis-trust on the part of pilots of management, FAA and even fellow crewmembers. It may be time to consider looking for another job for me if this goes thru.

In other news, high level government employees continue to ride on the safest aircraft in the world.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back