• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

300 furloughs UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I remember the Teamsters strike in '97 (I believe the pilots were on a sympathy strike?).

UPS management used every last bit of available chartered lift they could find...from on-demand DC-8/DC-9 AC down to every last available Falcon and Lear.

Crazy times back then. UPS was making a killing back then too. I wonder how far management will take it this time.

You guys keep mentioning peak, all I heard about this year was that there was no peak, and the economy is not even close to the bottom. Good luck, last thing we need is more unemployed pilots.

You guys keep mentioning peak, all I heard about this year was that there was no peak, and the economy is not even close to the bottom. Good luck, last thing we need is more unemployed pilots.

I believe the holiday season is what they are referring to. Typically that's when the most packages are sent.

"On Tuesday, UPS said volume exceeded 20 million packages on five consecutive days during the peak holiday shipping season. Total U.S. volume, however, was down 4.4 percent in the fourth quarter."

"On Tuesday, UPS said volume exceeded 20 million packages on five consecutive days during the peak holiday shipping season. Total U.S. volume, however, was down 4.4 percent in the fourth quarter."

That tells us nothing. Is that above the normal 1 million, 10, 50? There will be a peak this year alright, just worse than last year. They ain't bluffin.

What will happen to the 150 pilots hired by managment out of seniority into Line Check and Chief pilot positions? Will they be furloughed first?

Bye Bye--General Lee

What will happen to the 150 pilots hired by managment out of seniority into Line Check and Chief pilot positions? Will they be furloughed first?

Bye Bye--General Lee

UPS specified that they were looking at furloughing 300 IPA pilots.

UPS specified that they were looking at furloughing 300 IPA pilots.

Can you please explain that to everyone else on here who has no clue what you are talking about. So what will happen to those management pilots?

Thanks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back