• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

300 furloughs UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can you please explain that to everyone else on here who has no clue what you are talking about. So what will happen to those management pilots?

Thanks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

U

General,

UPS has hired approx 200 non union pilots. These pilots are considered "supervisors" and are not part of the IPA (our in house union). The perform duties such as training, linechecks, paperwork etc. The also sit reserve and operate many trips for ups under the guise of mgt emergency flying.

They do not operate under our labor contract and use the FARs as their only limit. It is not uncommon for one to work in the office all day and then be called out that night to fill in for a union pilot if crew scheduling is short IPA crews. In the past if a union pilot has not done what the company demanded the union captain was removed from the flight and replaced by a non union mgt captain who will do whatever he is told.

These pilots are off the street captains, some of which I know of have had to get side jobs to build flight time in order to qualify for their ATPs.

The purpose of these non union pilots is to break strikes as they tried in 1997 with every single one of them crossing legal picket lines. Also they are used in times like this to try leverage the union and gain concessions. Their sole purpose is to help UPS limit any gains to our labor agreement, or perhaps today to gut our contract.

Technically they are not "management" as was proven in a legal case from the 90's and are only legally supervisors whatever that means.

I know it is oddball but does that give you a better idea?

As it stands now, UPS had made no mention of including management pilots in any job reduction.

I don't see how they could furlough the management pilots considering the amount of work on their plates. Getting rid of them would be suicidal in terms of the work load. Management pilots at UPS are literally the glue.

I don't see how they could furlough the management pilots considering the amount of work on their plates. Getting rid of them would be suicidal in terms of the work load. Management pilots at UPS are literally the glue.

Now THAT is quality flamebait :laugh:

that was an extremely weak effort at flaming dude, your work is usually much better.

Oh I disagree...usually his sh!t is weak but this post was at least an 8/10.

:laugh:
I agree. Give credit where it is due... Instructordufus definitely raises the trolling bar. Subtle enough, yet just in your face... I give Instructor a "touche" for his his persistence and creative irritations. Among the FI trolling, he has definitely raised the bar.

BBB

I agree. Give credit where it is due... Instructordufus definitely raises the trolling bar. Subtle enough, yet just in your face... I give Instructor a "touche" for his his persistence and creative irritations. Among the FI trolling, he has definitely raised the bar.

BBB

I agree. That was pretty funny!

Latest resources

Back