• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

30 Years Today, Air Florida

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Three a/c landed after Palm 90 went in before they closed DCA, a EAL flt, a USAir flt and a Henson (now Peidmont ) SD3-30. I was the F/O on that 330. The controller asked the EAL guy ahead of us to roll out to the end and tell them what he saw as "we think we lost an airplane out there".
While waiting in the old commuter terminal and watching it live on tv, an Air Florida FA standing next to me watched in shock. He told me he had been on that flight working with the crew inbound and had been released early as they had one more FA than necessary and was planning on commuting back to DCA.
We ended up busing back to SBY and arriving after midnight at the end of a day that started at 6 am. Very sad day indeed.

I talked to an Ex- Pan Am guy (now a 767ER Captain) who was the FO on a Pan Am 727 who had just landed prior to that plane taking off. He was taxiing back to the gate in that heavy snow and said the tower was trying to figure out what had happened to Palm 90, the AF 737. Crazy stuff.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

I talked to an Ex- Pan Am guy (now a 767ER Captain) who was the FO on a Pan Am 727 who had just landed prior to that plane taking off. He was taxiing back to the gate in that heavy snow and said the tower was trying to figure out what had happened to Palm 90, the AF 737. Crazy stuff.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

I remember an unusually large amount of snow that day for DCA. When they asked the EAL guy if he saw anything I remember they replyed, no, but we see tracks in the snow that look like they go off the end of the runway.

Latest resources

Back