• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
www.reformusapa.com

Constitutional Amendments

Tuesday, 12 April 2011 0004 | Last Updated on Thursday, 14 April 2011 22:49 |

Coming soon: A Constitutional Amendment to amend the USAPA Constitution. This is needed to ensure representation for all under USAPA. As a result of the current West/East division brought on by the misuse of the union structure, USAPA is no position of ever fulfilling its role as a Collective Bargaining Agent for all US Airways pilots.

Some of the items that will be put forward will be:
  1. Removing DOH from the constitution and replace it with the McCaskill Bond language. This merger occurred on May 19, 2005, USAPA took over on April 18, 2008 and this DOH language is preventing us from achieving a contract.
  2. Reducing the 2/3rd’s requirement for Constitutional changes to a 3/5th’s or 60 percent requirement. All organizations need to modify their Constitutions from time to time and this will make it easier to make required modifications for the betterment of the organization.
  3. Currently the Constitution allows the President to select Committee Members and we feel the BPR is better suited for this task so this section will be put forward for modification.
  4. Three parties, the Company, the Representatives for the East and West pilots signed the Transition Agreement. USAPA is bound by this agreement and we will seek to memorialize that in the Constitution. That includes three West members to join three East members of the Negotiating (Advisory) Committee.
  5. In the event of a Merger both sides are not properly represented therefore we will add an amendment to ensure the Merger Committee it staffed with an equal number of East and West Representatives.
These changes will go a long way to putting our past behind us and will enable USAPA to focus its energy and resources on achieving a much need contract.
Sincerely,
Ken Holmes
Mark Burman

Last edited:
Add an admendment to get angry F/O's from running a union. Every person on the NAC was on the street when this merger happen!!! Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

Highest standard of ethics. Does this include having an Asst. CP download all crew names and addresses of a certain group, and hand it over to a third party??? I guess in some views that is ethical.

Why don't you call HR up and explain that you need the names and addresses of all the Flight Attendants, see what their answer is....

Add an admendment to get angry F/O's from running a union. Every person on the NAC was on the street when this merger happen!!! Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

This arguement is really weak. So all of the years are service in your opinion are worth nothing. Actually I am sure that is your opinion since the bottom west pilots get to catapolt 1500 numbers up the list.

Thank God for Nic. At least he got ALPA to wake up and put LOS in the merger language. We have over 1400 fuloughed pilots at UAL whose contribution prior to the CO deal is worth something.

I believe that LOS does not include furlough or disability time. At least it hasn't at any union airline I've worked for.

I believe that LOS does not include furlough or disability time. At least it hasn't at any union airline I've worked for.

That's typically correct, denny. And it would be a helluva lot more fair than the Nic, which disregards it completely for well over 1000 US Air pilots by placing them below a guy with a few months at the airline.

That's typically correct, denny. And it would be a helluva lot more fair than the Nic, which disregards it completely for well over 1000 US Air pilots by placing them below a guy with a few months at the airline.

So where should this career bottom dweller with 21 years seniority be placed on the new combined seniority list the most senior pilots at the other airline have 25 years seniority ?? You ladies never seem to take the time to answer that question.

"be careful" before you post, now. :rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
So where should this career bottom dweller with 21 years seniority be placed on the new combined seniority list the most senior pilots at the other airline have 25 years seniority ?? You ladies never seem to take the time to answer that question.

"be careful" before you post, now. :rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Mike, take a breath and repeat after me. The nic is dead.
The sooner you realize it, the better.

M

Latest resources

Back