• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

3 YEARS OF USAPA-the top ten list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Douschhh! The Nic is alive and well, step away from the USAPA koolaid. How is that DOH list moving along, Nic is accepted already, I believe DOH/DREAMLIST is still in CLT. As for the info for East addresses, I believe AOL asked for and was given, not stolen as USAPA says, due to the current litigation going on in federal court. Enjoy your one year lifelock, it is the only thing USAPA has gotten East pilots in THREE YEARS.

P.S.- Eagleview, would you let all 2LT's make the decisions when in the field? The bottom East guys are running this stupidity with the senior East pilots going along for the ride. Should pilots on reserve make all the scheduling decisions? Spread the knownledge and seniority around or you get a myopic view for a new contract. But then again , I have not spent 20 plus years on reserve as a 737 F/O!

From Leonidas:

Dear USAirways Pilots

I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to call, email, or text a message of support to me recently. I have remained deliberately silent for some time in order to allow things to “play out,” but I believe it is now time to break my silence. While I cannot comment directly on any ongoing investigation, I remain confident that I will be entirely vindicated- not just found “not guilty” of any wrongdoing, but instead declared innocent of all charges made against me by USAPA.

In the meantime, the incessant clanging from the gong known as “USAPA Communications” regarding what has been deliberately and misleadingly categorized as “identity theft” is no doubt far more annoying to most of you than it is even to me and my fellow accused pilots. However, absent any hearing or due process, what should have been discretely handled as accusations (which they are), have been treated as ironclad convictions by the utterly failed leadership of USAPA. It is patently obvious to even the most casual observer that USAPA has again manufactured a crisis in attempt to keep its understandably restless and mutinous disciples under control. Simply ask yourself if it would be wise to repeatedly declare to anyone who would care to listen that the lock to your house was broken? The first rule of security is to NOT tell the world when you believe you have a security problem. If there really was a problem, then USAPA has actually done its pilots a tremendous disservice by alerting any would-be wrongdoers of a potential weakness in the manner in which it has. This speaks volumes about the real objectives of the Cleary regime and its latest folly. It also reeks of desperation, as the briefly unified East pilots begin to turn on one another and the infighting becomes more and more public. If victory for DOH was truly imminent, then none of this would not be happening.

The distinction between an accusation and a conviction must be beyond the elementary comprehension level of Cleary, Theuer, and the rest of his crack team of would-be thugs who have failed to deliver ANYTHING of value- other than a comic tragedy- to the US Airways pilots. It is ironic how carefully USAPA Communications uses the word “alleged” whenever the accused act implicates one of Cleary's cronies in a physical altercation, but declines to use this important modifier when referring to the supposed “identity theft” of US Airways pilots.

Personally, I find the unwarranted hysteria to be amusing, and even helpful to the cause of Leonidas, LLC. The recent spike in funds raised by Leonidas certainly bear this out. I have remained silent thus far while enjoying my “Administrative Leave” made necessary by the hostile work environment created by Mike Cleary and his Communications Committee. However, I will concede that this has produced a singular downside for me and my fellow accused pilots; it has created yet more baseless accusations and false convictions written in the indelible ink of today's Internet. This is no doubt designed to create personal liability for me and my family (and that of many fellow West pilots and their families as well) forevermore should we choose to undertake endeavors outside the scope of our employment as pilots for the company. For me, this is a battle I have chosen to undertake knowing full well the possible risks to my career and reputation, so I simply brush it all aside (for now). More on that later.

I am no psychologist (so please do not take this as a diagnosis), but it is obvious to me that Mike Cleary's primary and driving personality trait is narcissism- almost pathologically so. This makes for the best possible (and most predictable) adversary from my perspective and that of the West pilots. The overwrought reaction by Cleary to East pilots simply receiving US mail of a factual nature that Mike has been desperate to shield his flock from, was even part of Leonidas, LLC's plan at the outset of that project. We could not possibly have asked for more attention to be drawn to the West perspective of our seniority dispute as illustrated in the Leonidas Brochures.

There was a time when I contemplated the recall of Mike Cleary and Randy Mowrey. However, when we began to discuss this among West pilots, it became clear that most see his “leadership” (though I wouldn't call it that) as helpful to the cause of defending against DOH and enforcing the Nicolau. After some reflection, I realized that I had become too close to the conflagration that is Mike to see what was happening and how it really benefited the West in the long run.

While it is true that a very few may pay the ultimate price and lose their careers due to our union's many inadequate or under-performing components (all courtesy of Mike and his “friends”), ultimate victory for the West- and therefore all US Airways pilots- is much more likely with him in charge. Therefore, my new strategy is to support Mike and help keep him in power as long as possible. If East pilots are truly dissatisfied with Mike and Randy's performance (as is apparent that many are), then they will have to do something about it on their own. In the meantime, we can all enjoy our Cleary imposed “vow of poverty” until the West ultimately prevails in court, or until the East pilots simply find a way to make good on their obligations to the West via the arbitrated seniority list.

It is also clear that these relentlessly shrill and caustic communications are largely designed to intimidate the accused. I envision Mike and Randy drunkenly patting each others' backs, and gently stroking one anothers' egos over the false image of me cowering in a closet somewhere, hiding in fear. They no doubt fantasize that this is the end of the West effort and that victory is just around the corner. This is laughable. Those of you whom I have had the pleasure of speaking with know otherwise.

I must contrast myself and my Leonidas team with the current USAPA President: While Mike Cleary lacked the fortitude to so much as sign a lease on the new USAPA Headquarters, (sighting that he would “not accept the liability” for this decision of the BPR), I and my team stood up against both the East pilots (who outnumber the West pilots two-to-one, and are entitled to a portion of our paycheck under threat of termination) AND the company. We have done this with the foreknowledge that it could well cost one (or all) of us our jobs, and that this union would do anything but protect us. This has been a necessary risk all along, just to “do the right thing.” Furthermore, we have not so much as hidden our names, addresses, telephone numbers, or even schedules from the public or our adversaries during this fight. All along, we have, and will continue to operate to the highest standard of ethics, and we WILL be vindicated when the dust settles.

The predictable idiocy continues unabated even this week. On April 12th, the East contingent of the BPR again authorized Cleary and “USAPA Legal” (in their lone authority) to initiate legal proceedings against Leonidas and whoever else they so choose. This is not unlike the bumbling RICO strategy used in the earliest days of USAPA's “reign of failure” to bankrupt the West pilots' legal defense. The end result of that effort was an even more unified West group, further galvanized to thwart USAPA's singular DOH mission. It went poorly for USAPA, but beautifully for the West. Should Cleary again launch more frivolous litigation against myself or my fellow West pilots, I predict it will only backfire on him.

Bring it, Mike. The West is more than ready.

I recommend that all West pilots continue to support Mike Cleary, though not for any of the reasons he would like our support. He is perfect for the job.

Please visit www.cactuspilot.com to keep informed and continue the fight.

Sincerely,

Eric Ferguson

Co-founder of Leonidas, LLC
Former RICO Defendant
Former USAPA Las Vegas Chairman
Current Overwhelmingly Elected PHX USAPA Vice-Chairman
Robust supporter of Mike Cleary as USAPA President

Yawn - I'll go back to sleep now

Metrojet

What would you west guys and gals do if a contract containing the nic award kept getting voted down? I know most of you think it wouldn't but what if?

What would we do? Keep living with our superior contract under the protection of the Transition Agreement.

What would you west guys and gals do if a contract containing the nic award kept getting voted down? I know most of you think it wouldn't but what if?

I'd say the inmates are running the asylum.

What would the East guys and gals do if a contract containing pay and quality of life improvements got voted in? I know most of you think it wouldn't but what if?

You can vote it down forever, it just proves you can not fix stupid! Nothing evil or lowlife about voting no, just running on emotion, not logic. I come to work to get paid, not to make politics or statements.

From Leonidas:

Dear USAirways Pilots

I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to call, email, or text a message of support to me recently. I have remained deliberately silent for some time in order to allow things to “play out,” but I believe it is now time to break my silence. While I cannot comment directly on any ongoing investigation, I remain confident that I will be entirely vindicated- not just found “not guilty” of any wrongdoing, but instead declared innocent of all charges made against me by USAPA.

In the meantime, the incessant clanging from the gong known as “USAPA Communications” regarding what has been deliberately and misleadingly categorized as “identity theft” is no doubt far more annoying to most of you than it is even to me and my fellow accused pilots. However, absent any hearing or due process, what should have been discretely handled as accusations (which they are), have been treated as ironclad convictions by the utterly failed leadership of USAPA. It is patently obvious to even the most casual observer that USAPA has again manufactured a crisis in attempt to keep its understandably restless and mutinous disciples under control. Simply ask yourself if it would be wise to repeatedly declare to anyone who would care to listen that the lock to your house was broken? The first rule of security is to NOT tell the world when you believe you have a security problem. If there really was a problem, then USAPA has actually done its pilots a tremendous disservice by alerting any would-be wrongdoers of a potential weakness in the manner in which it has. This speaks volumes about the real objectives of the Cleary regime and its latest folly. It also reeks of desperation, as the briefly unified East pilots begin to turn on one another and the infighting becomes more and more public. If victory for DOH was truly imminent, then none of this would not be happening.

The distinction between an accusation and a conviction must be beyond the elementary comprehension level of Cleary, Theuer, and the rest of his crack team of would-be thugs who have failed to deliver ANYTHING of value- other than a comic tragedy- to the US Airways pilots. It is ironic how carefully USAPA Communications uses the word “alleged” whenever the accused act implicates one of Cleary's cronies in a physical altercation, but declines to use this important modifier when referring to the supposed “identity theft” of US Airways pilots.

Personally, I find the unwarranted hysteria to be amusing, and even helpful to the cause of Leonidas, LLC. The recent spike in funds raised by Leonidas certainly bear this out. I have remained silent thus far while enjoying my “Administrative Leave” made necessary by the hostile work environment created by Mike Cleary and his Communications Committee. However, I will concede that this has produced a singular downside for me and my fellow accused pilots; it has created yet more baseless accusations and false convictions written in the indelible ink of today's Internet. This is no doubt designed to create personal liability for me and my family (and that of many fellow West pilots and their families as well) forevermore should we choose to undertake endeavors outside the scope of our employment as pilots for the company. For me, this is a battle I have chosen to undertake knowing full well the possible risks to my career and reputation, so I simply brush it all aside (for now). More on that later.

I am no psychologist (so please do not take this as a diagnosis), but it is obvious to me that Mike Cleary's primary and driving personality trait is narcissism- almost pathologically so. This makes for the best possible (and most predictable) adversary from my perspective and that of the West pilots. The overwrought reaction by Cleary to East pilots simply receiving US mail of a factual nature that Mike has been desperate to shield his flock from, was even part of Leonidas, LLC's plan at the outset of that project. We could not possibly have asked for more attention to be drawn to the West perspective of our seniority dispute as illustrated in the Leonidas Brochures.

There was a time when I contemplated the recall of Mike Cleary and Randy Mowrey. However, when we began to discuss this among West pilots, it became clear that most see his “leadership” (though I wouldn't call it that) as helpful to the cause of defending against DOH and enforcing the Nicolau. After some reflection, I realized that I had become too close to the conflagration that is Mike to see what was happening and how it really benefited the West in the long run.

While it is true that a very few may pay the ultimate price and lose their careers due to our union's many inadequate or under-performing components (all courtesy of Mike and his “friends”), ultimate victory for the West- and therefore all US Airways pilots- is much more likely with him in charge. Therefore, my new strategy is to support Mike and help keep him in power as long as possible. If East pilots are truly dissatisfied with Mike and Randy's performance (as is apparent that many are), then they will have to do something about it on their own. In the meantime, we can all enjoy our Cleary imposed “vow of poverty” until the West ultimately prevails in court, or until the East pilots simply find a way to make good on their obligations to the West via the arbitrated seniority list.

It is also clear that these relentlessly shrill and caustic communications are largely designed to intimidate the accused. I envision Mike and Randy drunkenly patting each others' backs, and gently stroking one anothers' egos over the false image of me cowering in a closet somewhere, hiding in fear. They no doubt fantasize that this is the end of the West effort and that victory is just around the corner. This is laughable. Those of you whom I have had the pleasure of speaking with know otherwise.

I must contrast myself and my Leonidas team with the current USAPA President: While Mike Cleary lacked the fortitude to so much as sign a lease on the new USAPA Headquarters, (sighting that he would “not accept the liability” for this decision of the BPR), I and my team stood up against both the East pilots (who outnumber the West pilots two-to-one, and are entitled to a portion of our paycheck under threat of termination) AND the company. We have done this with the foreknowledge that it could well cost one (or all) of us our jobs, and that this union would do anything but protect us. This has been a necessary risk all along, just to “do the right thing.” Furthermore, we have not so much as hidden our names, addresses, telephone numbers, or even schedules from the public or our adversaries during this fight. All along, we have, and will continue to operate to the highest standard of ethics, and we WILL be vindicated when the dust settles.

The predictable idiocy continues unabated even this week. On April 12th, the East contingent of the BPR again authorized Cleary and “USAPA Legal” (in their lone authority) to initiate legal proceedings against Leonidas and whoever else they so choose. This is not unlike the bumbling RICO strategy used in the earliest days of USAPA's “reign of failure” to bankrupt the West pilots' legal defense. The end result of that effort was an even more unified West group, further galvanized to thwart USAPA's singular DOH mission. It went poorly for USAPA, but beautifully for the West. Should Cleary again launch more frivolous litigation against myself or my fellow West pilots, I predict it will only backfire on him.

Bring it, Mike. The West is more than ready.

I recommend that all West pilots continue to support Mike Cleary, though not for any of the reasons he would like our support. He is perfect for the job.

Please visit www.cactuspilot.com to keep informed and continue the fight.

Sincerely,

Eric Ferguson

Co-founder of Leonidas, LLC
Former RICO Defendant
Former USAPA Las Vegas Chairman
Current Overwhelmingly Elected PHX USAPA Vice-Chairman
Robust supporter of Mike Cleary as USAPA President

Eric -

Please provide me with your address and social security number - as you have mine. Then please google what you can do with someone's name, address and social security number.

Metrojet

Latest resources

Back