• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

3 Airnet Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what a/c are in DTW, IND, LUK? Are these sought after runs?

Hey OUPilot,

That wouldn't by chance be the "Royal Princess" in your avatar. I miss my baby. What's up Prince? How's 8/6 Starchkr? See ya guys.

USC328

Perv is back......i will start the 8/6 the second week of Oct, so i will let you know then. How is it flying those slow planes around all DAY?!?!? Must be nice seeing where you are going all the time. Have you run into Fed lately? I have tried to reach him with no reply lately, if you see him tell him to email or call me. Have fun, and tell someone that I said hi, it doesn't matter who, just tell them i said hi as they are getting on the plane.

How hard is it to get based in the Northeast? Does Airnet give you any choice, or do they just send you where they want for your first base?

SmokingWires said:
How hard is it to get based in the Northeast? Does Airnet give you any choice, or do they just send you where they want for your first base?

I suggest reading the thread before posting in it.

labbats said:
I suggest reading the thread before posting in it.

I did. What I gleaned was this:

--You have an equal chance of bing assigned any of the piston a/c.
--It is not hard to get TEB as a base, though it is not specified whether that is because you can choose, or because there is a high turnover there.

Nothing specific was stated about what kind of choice you have. I would rather not be based in the South or Southwest, hence my question about basing choice. Furthermore, there's no listing of what other bases there are in the Northeast. I'd love to be based in PA or NH, but I don't know if there are bases there.

I suppose I should ask a little differently: At what locations are piston pilots based in the Northeast, and how likely is it that a new hire could get a run up there?

Sorry to come off a bit harsh. I think Airnet is like any other flying operation with multiple bases... you start off where they need you, then bid for what your seniority can hold. If I recall correctly, some guys a while ago mentioned that TEB was pretty junior and easy to get right out of training.

NE bases... www.airnet.com will give you everything you need to know about bases, pay, training, and what they are looking for. You get to choose from what is available AFTER you pass your 58 checkride. This could be anything from the south to the midwest to the NE, you will have to choose that night i believe, this may have changed as far as picking right then. If there are no spots open at that moment you will become a LCK reserve pilot. As far as the a/c types, you will be trained on the a/c for that base, so once you pick your base then you will begin training in whatever a/c are assigned to that run/base. Kinda one of those things that even if you do not want to fly a certain type of a/c, if it is at that base/run you WILL fly it. Now saying you will fly it is a bit harsh, because i was assigned a base with the 58 and the 310 and i flew the 310 maybe 5% of the time...so keep up with your a/c because it was a pain jumping in the 310 the first time after being out of trainng for 5 months and having to basically pull out the training manual just to figure out where everything was and go over the weights and speeds again. This does happen, and it's even more fun when you fly 3 different a/c and at your first 6 month ride you have yet to fly the a/c you will be taking your checkride in. Crazy, but that is the way it goes sometimes.

Okay, I see what you mean, now that I did a little more looking. Sorry to clog up the thread.

U-I Pilot

IND and LUK runs are Baron/Chieftain. There are two runs out of DTW. One is Baron/Cheiftain, the other is Baron/Chieftain/Caravan. There are two spots in LUK that should come up pretty soon due to upgrade/attrition. The IND pilot will also be upgrading to the Lear soon. Also, there should be one DTW spot open soon.

Latest resources

Back