2nd year pay at America West

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think about $40,000/yr

they only got an 11% increase over 3 or 4 years over their last pay, so they still lag the industry even though the rest have taken major cuts in pay.

Currently, 2nd yr FO's rate at 53.71/hr. On reserve, 75hr guarantee, 13 bids/yr --> almost 54k with per diem.

TA proposal is 11% increase hourly rate, reserve guarantee 77/bid. BUT, only 12 bids/yr (read two fewer paychecks per year) --> maybe 56k with per diem? It's only a raise for reserves -- line holders are looking at around 2k/yr paycut.

Of course, you might not make it to second year due to RJ replacement of mainline equipment (2-3 RJ's per mainline addition with no reverse).

jon coqtoestone said:
Of course, you might not make it to second year due to RJ replacement of mainline equipment (2-3 RJ's per mainline addition with no reverse).

Aint that the reality!

STOP the transition !!!!

If that's the case, where mainline flying are being transfered to RJs (like United, and everywhere else)...then why is America West hiring pilots??

Shouldn't they be furloughing like everybody else??

Please enlighten me.

--2992Set

Re: STOP the transition !!!!

Two-9-9-TwoSet said:
If that's the case, where mainline flying are being transfered to RJs (like United, and everywhere else)...then why is America West hiring pilots??

Shouldn't they be furloughing like everybody else??

Please enlighten me.

--2992Set

Imagine how many more they would be hiring if they didn't start that scabmagnet called Freedom Airlines...

Re: Re: STOP the transition !!!!

V70T5 said:
Imagine how many more they would be hiring if they didn't start that scabmagnet called Freedom Airlines...

Here, Here!! It is about time to start referring to this airline for what it is!

I hope that no self-respecting airline captain will extend the jumpseat to pilots flying this piece of sh!t carrier.

One reason they need pilots is to replace the ones leaving for JB and SWA. Yes that's right, even senior Capt's are jumping.

Re: Freedom Air

Two-9-9-TwoSet said:
So how many CRJs do they have planned for Freedom??

Can't wait for the next Freedom pilot to show up for a ride....

Its not just CRJ's like I flew at the commuters, we're talking about 70 and 90 seaters... these are for all intents and purposes DC9, F100, and A318 replacemets..

Latest resources

Back