• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

23,300 pilots per year thru 2029

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You didn't see the shortage in late 90's-9/11?

All legacies hiring 100/month. Mins down to 3000tt.
3 year captains at UAL. Big regionals dropping mins below 1000tt-100me
Were you waiting for them to knock on your door and beg?
Thank you for a touch of reality. This is all leading up to the 2012 hiring boom

Someone starting their flight training next year could be senior to someone that got hired in 2001. Wouldn't that be sweet. Get on with a low cost airline, take the low pay, move up fast and merge. Nothing like jumping ahead. Reminds me of the PFT times.

M

Someone starting their flight training next year could be senior to someone that got hired in 2001. Wouldn't that be sweet. Get on with a low cost airline, take the low pay, move up fast and merge. Nothing like jumping ahead. Reminds me of the PFT times.

M

Exactly! The greed of others has recked this job. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there are those who would gladly step on the backs of there fellow pilots to get a head.
Truely a sad state!

Thank you for a touch of reality. This is all leading up to the 2012 hiring boom

Still hitting the reefer Yip? The double-dip should blow that little assessment right out of the water.

Exactly! The greed of others has recked this job. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there are those who would gladly step on the backs of there fellow pilots to get a head.
Truely a sad state!

Oh, the irony.

Now I have to spend the rest of the day beating myself up for feeding a known troll.

You didn't see the shortage in late 90's-9/11?

All legacies hiring 100/month. Mins down to 3000tt.
3 year captains at UAL. Big regionals dropping mins below 1000tt-100me
Were you waiting for them to knock on your door and beg?

Well I did have my stuff in with various carriers. Anybody remember how much American wanted for application fee's? Wasn't it like $150? I did not have my app in with United and I let my app at US Air laps. Northwest if I remember correctly dumped there app pool and demanded everybody reapply and pay the fee again, f'ing crooks... Then 9-11 happened and I knew I was stuck for the duration.

Buy the time the next bubble happened I was in a catch-22 situation. I had lots of bills and was reluctant to make the move and cut my pay in half or more. Maybe it worked out for the best because at least I had a steady paycheck. But I am getting tired of living on the road. This month I had to take myself below min days off again (11) just to make a little extra cash.

Now thanks to the international banking cartels we are going to see major inflation that will be the final nail in our economic coffins. There is no way in hell Joe Six-pack and his family will be able to travel by plane when the buying power of our dollar is going to be 30-50% less by the end of 2012.

That is unless we start a new world war.

Maybe we should open up a flight academy to train the best of the best of the best. They can all wear pilot shirts, so they can be real pro's. We can train them so well that experience won't matter. We can concentrate on just the important stuff, like how to brief an approach for 10 minutes. They can learn the easy stuff like airmanship and judgment on the line.

Of course a real professional course like this one will be pricey, but hey, the student could find themselves "acting" as a real 121 crew member in less than a year.

Oh wait, somebody did that.

back to the drawing board

Crack addicts. Keep telling yourselves there's an impending shortage. When Companies like SkyWest just halted hiring, cancelled upgrades and announced major winter reductions.

Latest resources

Back