• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2009 W2's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
3rd year SWA $121K...no per diem since that should not count in how much you made....nor does profit sharing or any company contribution to 401K........just how much I earned flying a 737 without any of the above listed

why do people try to count their per diem in how much they earned?or their company contributions to 401K....per diem barely pays for my food and beer./QUOTE]

Year 5 Jetblue 320 FO

$117,500 gross plus last paycheck that gets paid on Jan 8th, so about $122k

includes $6500 retro check

plus $12,000 of 401k match and 5% profit share.

Total $134,000 plus per diem of about $8000

subtract taxes, $3200 of co pay for crappy insurance, $1500 insurance premiums, $2800 for crash pad, 40 hours a month for commuting to work like a w-hore to credit 100 hrs per month.

Supporting my family and happy considering macro economic conditions but far from satisified with my career as the previous poster mentioned.

Guys were making the same in 1980..... Adjust that for inflation and realize that we make peanuts

SO how much did you make flying your aircraft in 2009......not what you get paid in on Jan 8th 2010 since that is not 2009....not perdiem since that is not your PAY and please do not count perdiem since that is to cover daily cost such as food and beer....also...we do not need to know all your expenses....it does not matter..thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry reddog I did not read your directions or rules prior to posting. And I didnt include expenses such as groceries, hookers, etc.. I included job necessary expeses that directly take away from my bottom line that may be of interest to others to compare to their situation.

The second two weeks of our december flying and premium pay get paid on the 8th of the following month so technically our numbers only show 35 hours of straight pay and in the case of this month ( which has been crazy with gar's and rsl. etc) will be 43 hrs straight pay and 40 hours of time and a half premium. 95x38=3610 ,, 142x40=5700 ,, 118 hrs for december total

straight pay nothing included:

Yr 5 JFK 320 FO $117,500

Once again....

I spent 90% of my money on women, drink and fast cars. The rest I wasted.
--George Best, British Footballing Legend

I don't know why you wouldn't want to hear about somebody's per diem? At certain carriers per diem can amount to a significant portion of earnings. Sure it is supposed to cover expenses but if you are getting continuous per diem or a high hourly rate it becomes a good chunk of change. What people want to know is what your bottom line amounts to; how much money ends up in your bank account. Who cares how it is divvied up?

First year A320 FO in the Middle East -- total compensation 160,000USD
-Responsible for your own retirement
-schedules are hard
-cost of living is moderate to expensive
-42 days vacation
-good medical
-All in all quite a good gig. If you've ever thought about living abroad I would recommend going overseas.

Why do people try to count their per diem in how much they earned?or their company contributions to 401K....per diem barely pays for my food and beer.
Why not specify company contribution to 401(k)? Some companies have match and some have defined contributions whether employees participate or not. More information is better when guys are analyzing or trying to figure out how their CBA stacks up to their peers CBA.

Airtran Airways, 5th year reserve/buildup CA, $15,000 company contribution to my 401(k).

I don't know why you wouldn't want to hear about somebody's per diem? At certain carriers per diem can amount to a significant portion of earnings. Sure it is supposed to cover expenses but if you are getting continuous per diem or a high hourly rate it becomes a good chunk of change. What people want to know is what your bottom line amounts to; how much money ends up in your bank account. Who cares how it is divvied up?

Airline management and negotiators love this line of thinking when it comes time to negotiate contracts.:rolleyes:

X

Airline management and negotiators love this line of thinking when it comes time to negotiate contracts.:rolleyes:

X

What are you talking about? Most CEO's have salaries in the 300k-800k range yet their total compensation could be 10+million. I'm not saying that you should count on per diem to pay your bills. But to ignore things like car allowances, schooling allowances, per diem, end of service bonuses, etc does not give you a clear indication of your take home pay. For instance housing allowances at my company are over 40,000USD/year. I spend about 20,000 of that. That leaves a significant amount of money left over that is not reflected in my "basic pay." Are you implying that I'm somehow de-valuing our profession or appeasing management by including per diem and other non-straight pay contributions in compensation discussions? My first year probationary pay is 160,000. I don't know if I would roll my eyes over that

First year A320 FO in the Middle East -- total compensation 160,000USD
-Responsible for your own retirement
-schedules are hard
-cost of living is moderate to expensive
-42 days vacation
-good medical
-All in all quite a good gig. If you've ever thought about living abroad I would recommend going overseas.

Can you live "abroad" without going overseas? I guess it depends on where you live to begin with?

$73.5K Gross and I will NEVER include per diem for this mostly 3rd year CAL 737 FO. Even more thrilling considering I flew almost 900 hours as awarded by PBS. Can not wait to eradicate the abortion that is Contract '02...

Latest resources

Back