• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2009 outlook for horizon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You could try Kenmore Air. The operate float planes and some Caravans. I doubt they are hiring right now; nor are really any operators in the US.

PS - You've got to REALLY want to go to Horizon and live in Seattle / Portland. It's probably an 8 year upgrade and years on abuse reserve. Also, while the hourly rate and 401k is good, the bid award is for 4-5 weeks and it's going to be at min. guarantee. Hourly rates aren't everything.

No offense...but you foreign guys coming to America to get flying jobs is wrong. Stay at home...don't come here looking for work. There are enough American guys out on furlough who need jobs. With all due respect stay at home where you belong.

Best of luck to all Kenmore isn't hiring. Horizon is a having cpatins fly rightseat (BS) while now I am having a hard time getting any job to feed my family. Sad. Papanovemeber has it right. How is LA treating you?

No offense...but you foreign guys coming to America to get flying jobs is wrong. Stay at home...don't come here looking for work. There are enough American guys out on furlough who need jobs. With all due respect stay at home where you belong.

That's pretty arrogant. How many American pilots have gone to Jet Airways, Emirates, Cathay, Quantas, Air Canada, and more? I know at least one to each. The global economy sucks right now. People are desperate to find work anywhere. Besides, an Australian speaks English!

Horizon is really having issues right now. I have been here over 5 years and have well into 8000 hrs. upgrade wont come for at least 2 years. such a bad deal and management still thinks they are doing us good.. Stay away..... do not come here....

I wouldn't recommend Horizon even to my worst enemies. Most of my friends from school that are there are trying to bail as well, either from aviation altogether or at least just QX.

stay low,

dude what makes you think that I am trying to TAKE jobs away from americans??

my (american) wife needs to come back to the US to finish up her degree so what do you suggest I do?? I'm a pilot and I fly planes why shouldn't I have a shot at it over there? it's up to the hiring panel of an airline to give me a job.

In future unless you have something productive to say just keep it to yourself. Pretty low to think I'm trying to pinch jobs from you guys I know how hard this industry can be and I wouldn't dream of sending another guy out on the street because of me. You've gotta do what you've gotta do.

By the way... the immigration process is way too much to go through just to chase work.

Steveair,

thanks for the support.

most guys have been really helpfull with the search for work over there. It's very hard from the other end of the earth and our economy is hurting here too. Ever heard the saying "america sneazes and the rest of the world catches a cold"???

I'm actually getting paid Ok here in Oz, but I'm coming over strictly for family as I explained earlier.

You're right about QANTAS too, they have alot of direct entry guys onto the 737 due to the long upgrade time and lack of jet experience available in Australia.

Thanks again mate!

V

stay low,

dude what makes you think that I am trying to TAKE jobs away from americans??

By the way... the immigration process is way too much to go through just to chase work.

Sorry about your situation...doesn't change the fact you are not a citizen and you are coming over here to try and take job flying which could mean another person who is a citizen looses out. If the immigration process is way too much to go through you should stay in Australia.

And anyone with the Emerates, Air Canada, etc. arguement...they obviously do not have enough qualified pilots to fill their positions and are actively recruiting here in America. I've never heard of United, Delta, ASA or Comair recruiting in other countries for pilots...have you? The situation for "v" if it were like that.

Sorry "v" it isn't personal. After 20+ in the military I have a difficult time accepting giving away the American dream. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back