• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2000 hrs in type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I felt myself become dumber for reading this....

The highest time SR-71 pilot only had around 1200 hours or so in type...

I think spending 2000hrs in a U-2 is a lot more of an accomplishment than sitting in a silly little RJ for 2000hrs, dont ya think?

Id say the RJ guy and the U-2 guy have a slightly different mission, but what do I know.

Last edited:
"Then I should get the congressional medal of honor for over 7500 hours under the same conditions but in the "mighty guppy." (1900)."

That or a lobotomy for having done it in the first place.

I liked my time in the Beech...but not enough to live in it. (g)

- Checknsix

do you even know what a U-2 is dipSh#$ you go on 18 hour missions at a time !! must fly for mesa in your shinny jet yeah!

Try flying the Junkstream 32 for about 2000 hours. No autopilot, no APU, no bathroom or piddle-pack, 10 legs a day, no food, no flight attendant, no spacesuit to keep you comfortable. You should get a freakin' Air Medal for flying it for 2000 hours.

NO kidding!

Ahh the junkstream....how does that song go again?

We should change the title of this tread to, "Ok so who has the most time in what regional aircraft?" 4000 DHC8

Air Midwest has a Captain who has about 24000 hrs in the 1900 , that has been awhile ago so i'm sure he has a lot more now. who would really wan't to count anymore.

Forget the hours, give that guy a medal for actually logging 24000 hrs!

For the guy in the U2 - that's a hell of a lot of time in a tough to fly airplane, probably flying in places that aren't real friendly! Just doesn't compare to anyone driving an airliner bus!

Latest resources

Back