2000 hrs in type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Remington

Just read a thread in the "Military" section. Says a dude got 2000hrs in the U2. Holy cow! Does anyone here in the "Regionals" section have 2000 hrs on one single type???? Do you have the patch?

Ehhh....I'm sure plenty of regional pilots have 2000 hours in type. Hell, that only requires what....3 solid years of flying the same airplane?

What I want to know, how many different types of cancer does the pilot with 2000 U2 hours have?

But seriously, it's an accomplishment to survive 2000 hrs in a U2. The thing is actually challenging to fly, unlike the push button no-worry airliners we wallow around in. Good for him/her.

BTW, I wasn't trying to take away from someone with 2000 hours in a U2. God knows nothing I have ever flown can compare to that.

J32 ?

BTW, I wasn't trying to take away from someone with 2000 hours in a U2. God knows nothing I have ever flown can compare to that.

Try flying the Junkstream 32 for about 2000 hours. No autopilot, no APU, no bathroom or piddle-pack, 10 legs a day, no food, no flight attendant, no spacesuit to keep you comfortable. You should get a freakin' Air Medal for flying it for 2000 hours.

Now the BA4100, there's a dream of an airplane.

Try flying the Junkstream 32 for about 2000 hours. No autopilot, no APU, no bathroom or piddle-pack, 10 legs a day, no food, no flight attendant, no spacesuit to keep you comfortable. You should get a freakin' Air Medal for flying it for 2000 hours.

Now the BA4100, there's a dream of an airplane.

Then I should get the congressional medal of honor for over 7500 hours under the same conditions but in the "mighty guppy." (1900).

There are plenty of others in the regionals that have over 2000 in type. What's the big deal again? or the point of this thread?

Last edited:
With the slow rate of hiring since, oh, 9/11/01, there are lots of people at the regionals spending well over 2000 hours in type, some even in the right seat.

I'm guessing Remington knows this or hasn't perhaps made it out of flight school yet.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back