• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ACT700

What's it doing now?
NTSB Identification: NYC06LA002
Scheduled 14 CFR Part 121: Air Carrier operation of Shuttle America (D.B.A. United Express)
Accident occurred Monday, October 03, 2005 in Dulles, VA
Aircraft: Embraer 170, registration: N650RW
Injuries: 1 Serious, 44 Uninjured.
This is preliminary information, subject to change, and may contain errors. Any errors in this report will be corrected when the final report has been completed....
The scheduled passenger flight was conducted under 14 CFR Part 121.
According to the director of safety for the operator, company management did not immediately know the exact details of the event, and the airplane was placed back into service. Consequently, cockpit voice recorder data for the accident flight was lost.
The captain held an airline transport pilot certificate with a rating for airplane multi-engine land. His most recent Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) first class medical certificate was issued April 14, 2005. The captain reported 2,000 total hours of flight experience, 173 hours of which were in make and model.
The first officer held a commercial pilot certificate with ratings for airplane multi-engine land. His most recent FAA first class medical certificate was issued on October 6, 2004. The first officer reported 5,300 total hours of flight experience, 453 hours of which were in make and model.

BOY, I HOPE THAT'S A MISPRINT!!!

I dunna if its true or not...but in an accident report that involved a friend of mine, the times they wrote in for him weren't even close, and they didn't have several other things correct, either.

Ok, am I missing something? Why does it have to be wrong? Some of these regionals are upgrading as soon as their people hit 1500 hours and can get an ATP. Places like Colgan are street hiring because their guys don't even have 1500 hours to become a CA. Sounds like this Captain is OVER qualified by today's standards!

2000 Hours - So what?

dhc8fo said:
Ok, am I missing something? Why does it have to be wrong? Some of these regionals are upgrading as soon as their people hit 1500 hours and can get an ATP. Places like Colgan are street hiring because their guys don't even have 1500 hours to become a CA. Sounds like this Captain is OVER qualified by today's standards!
How do you know that 1500 of his 2000 hours weren't in an F-15 or a C-141?

Last edited:
I wondered what injured the FA, the 3,500 climb? Did she/he fall down and break a leg? At 3,000 feet should'nt the FA be strapped in and prepared for landing?

The first officer held a commercial pilot certificate with ratings for airplane multi-engine land. His most recent FAA first class medical certificate was issued on October 6, 2004. The first officer reported 5,300 total hours of flight experience, 453 hours of which were in make and model.

lol they just got the Pilot flying and the pilot not flying thing mixed up. I'm not sure if this qualifies as SJS. Maybe a workers comp scam?

Latest resources

Back