• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

$20 grand gets you an interview @ AWAC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is true i know of 2 guys that have an interview with AWAC that are getting their type now with under 900 TT

Matt

If two guys with low time are wasting their money to get typed... more power to 'em, I guess. But don't be confused (C152), it is not an AWAC requirement.

mwmav8r01 said:
It is true i know of 2 guys that have an interview with AWAC that are getting their type now with under 900 TT

Matt

Just curious, do you know how this came about for them?
Is Air Wisconsin advertising this? Where do they do their training and who do they pay for it?

These guys went to CAE and got the typ eon their own to make them more marketable as they got their AWAC liked them, these guys were both CFIs at Regional Airline Academy. Guess it worked for them... Im happy for them!

Matt

That's amazingly great for them! And what an interesting trend in hiring. Going from a post 9/11 'We're only accepting the best of the best with a LOR', to 900 flight instructors.

Now the "cornerstone" or "catalyst" contract will be Mid-Atlantic. Capped rates of $58,000 for the 70-seat!! Looks like they are now in the lead of the race to the bottom.

I wonder what Mesa's situation will look like if US Air goes belly up?

If U closes its doors, JO will go to United and say "We have 60+ RJs ready for the paintshop." Which is not to say that we'll paint them, just that they could go to the paint shop.

United calls ACA, they get Indy up and running that much faster, Mesa (and everyone else) fills in the void.

I think your right, all our planes in the U system would move over to UAL. I hate to say it, but we all might be better off.

mwmav8r01 said:

Matt

AWAC DO NOT type anyone straight of the bat. They talked about it 3 years ago to maybe keep costs down in the long term but after word got out senior guys said "No way - thats not right to type junior guys", the FAA also said "No Way!" so it got dropped.

Paying the cash to type yourself won't get you a guaranteed interview or job at AWAC.

Latest resources

Back