Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

apcooper

Dude, where's my country?
I know of all the mess at NJA but had a few questions about the company.

1) I know the mins are 2500/500 but what are the competitive mins?

2) How long approx from new hire to BBJ right seat, and how much longer from there to BBJ CA?

PLEASE, no flame bait here! I appoligize in advance if I have gotten under anyones skin by asking these questions!!

1. Competitively, I would say depends on what type of time you have. Jet time is better than piston. I have a friend that got an interview with 2700 hours. Had a mix of piston and turbine (both prop and jet). Apply and you will find out. If you have over 2500, you will probably be surprised at the result. A lot of hiring going on right now. The ATP is not optional though.

2. Don't even think about it as an option. 2000 pilots, maybe the top 100 have a chance of holding it. They are the guys that started long ago. I only hope if I stay here till retirement (30 more years) that I get close enough to have a chance. I imagine by then the company will have sold them all anyway.

Good luck

Ok this is flame bait, but that's fine. This board is kind of fascinating. If you only went by the posts, you'd think that NJA is the most miserable rotten place to work on the planet. Never mind that most regionals, just to use a comparison of where at least some recruits are coming from, start at a pathetic and outrageous almost $10,000 less. The pay situation *is* depressing, given that upgrades are running as slow as they are, and, for Captains, that it peaks well below most regionals (ignore the BBJ sucker rates!). However, I have now privately emailed or spoken to quite a few NJA pilots and none would trade it for the regionals as far as quality of life and professionalism go.
On top of that, any job with a regional now means a constant fee-for-departure circus merry-go-round as the mother ships giveth and taketh. (Bain's game at United Express). So, sad as I am at the sub-standard pay and of having to consider it (after 4 years at a regional I'm still not making as much as I made instructing out in the Bay Area during the Silicon Valley boom years and would take a fair pay cut to come to NJA), I think it's unfair to somehow accuse propective recruits or new hires of somehow 'scabbing' efforts at a new contract. The market out there is horrible right now and NJA, for all its flaws, actually looks pretty
[darned] good compared to most of the crap out there. Let's fix the contracts one at a time.

Great, come on over then. Just be ready to walk in a few months, it may very well come to that. The gloves are coming off, consider yourself briefed.

Live4 and others-

Just remember, folks from corporate get on here posing as new applicants all fired up to be hired at NetJets. They also get on as happy, carefree pilots that love this job and that are absolutely incensed that the TA failed. Thus you see 25 posts from a new board sign-up in January all fired up about coming to NetJets. I knew recruiting was bad but please...at least make it believable.

Last edited:
Fair enough.

Latest resources

Back