• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1st year pay at CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will make over $70,000 during my first year at CAL on the 737. Pocono, your post on 2/24/07 indicates that you believe that CAL is the most secure major out there and you hoped to be here soon. What did you learn during an interview that lasts less than an hour that changed your mind? Let me guess...you learned that they showed you the door and said "thanks but NO THANKS" and told you to go back to flying with the cadets at COEX. Generally, just because you FAILED on an interview doesn't mean you're a failure in life. Of course you appear to be the exception. Failing the CAL interview must haunt your dreams. There is no other reason to post negatively in every CAL thread. You remind me of the kid who had to mail a check for $1 to the widow of the man the kid killed while driving recklessly. You're a failure. Get over it. Get a hobby. I could not imagine spending a leg with you in the cockpit. The bitterness gets old. All the pilots you fly with (assuming you are even a pilot and not some 12 year old boy with a transsexual fantasy) do not agree with your bitterness. They just smile and nod in the hope you will shut your piehole. Where the heck is the place to ask a mod to ban someone? Such meaningless crap all from one person like pocono makes flight info worse. There is not one redeeming thing about this poster.

I call BS. Not according to APC pay rates if you are on the 737. I actually turned them down after being hired. I couldn't justify leaving a good job here, for that piece of doo doo contract. In my opinion in won't get any better there, but hey, that is just me... LOL

You work at Express. I doubt you have ever seen 60K, so don't pretend you know how much that is. You say you have 4100 hours, which is doubtable, but using that as a basis you are most probably a 3 or 4 year CA/FO, which is due largely in part those Express pilots actually getting hired by CAL and leaving. 75 hours at APC will get you 59K a year as a 4 year CA. Don't try to tell anyone you know about anything at CAL when you don't know jack ******************** about Express.

She is probably a 10/04 or 11/04 hire at earliest. That means she can barely hold IAH short jet pay. this is from last senority list so may be out of date. If she is in another base could hold long jet. So adjust base pay for that. Also means she isn't holding a hard line. There are only 462 hard lines in IAH for August and the most junior went to a 05/04 hire. Probably a relief line or sitting reserve with the only hope of getting a line that others are leaving infront of her.

I am a 2nd year FO with CAL. I love the job and think the company is absolutely on the right track. My W2 earnings to date are just under 40K. We are only in the end of July. I think with the new contract we will also see big improvements. CAL was my number one choice when I applied and I see nothing but blue skys for the future. Pocono, you are a moron!

It might just be my imagination, but didn't Pocaho have 2900 hours just last week? Maybe the inteviewers at CAL had an issue with her logbook and gave her the hook.

Nice! 30K a year and no health insurance. Min days off, poor union leadership, Newark base, and PBS.

Sounds like a real hoot. LOL

ps, by my calculations, you will not double that for the second year if you decide to stay on the 737.
1) 30K for the FIRST year... its not like it stays that way!

2) Min days off? I have averaged 15 days off a month since I have held a line (737 EWR). I only sat reserve for 5 months which was longer than most. I was hired in April and didnt have a lot of people come in Junior to me, September / October hires were getting off reserve in a month or 2. Oh and I was talking to some friends at XJet in EWR and that have mentioned that the lines have gone to He!! and min days off is the norm.

3) Poor Union leadership--- The folks that brought us contract '02 are almost all gone. There is progress being made and most people are optimistic for the future. (Bling Bling)

4)I am born and raised in Jersey. EWR ROCKS! The flying is varied and a lot of the bad delays can be avioded with smart bidding.

5) PBS---- well it sucks.

Bottom line... CAL ain't perfect. There are large problems here that need to be fixed. That being said it is still a heck of a lot better than any regional could ever be. The real deal is that flying for Xjet was a great time, and I have no bad blood toward that company it is simply a supplier. Their success and failure depend on the Good graces of others. Xjet has done a good job of finding homes for the first 69 airplanes, but what is going to happen when the next 69 leave in the next few years? Or when Colgan moves into ewr and shrinks the once junior base even more?

Get real... I am sorry that Cal rejected you... but with your attitude it really doesnt shock me. Time to move on!

Good Night and Good Luck.

It might just be my imagination, but didn't Pocaho have 2900 hours just last week? Maybe the inteviewers at CAL had an issue with her logbook and gave her the hook.

It's attitude and lack of flying ability that probably did her in during the interview. I'm betting that will come out in every interview she has.

Personally I am very happy Pocono didn't get hired. HE/SHE has shown his/her true colors. Ninety eight percent of our new hires are great people and do an outstanding job. Of course we have that two percent and it's obvious where Pocono would fit in and we don't need any more thank you.

It's very apparent to me that Pocono is in that "me me what about me and more about me generation". I believe this is more apparent in this generation of new pilots vs older generations.

Latest resources

Back