• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1st week of may 2004 NJ interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I also have a buddy who is interviewing around May 13-14. Any recent gouge would be greatly appreciated. I work with NJA, but have not found any good recent intel so far.

Thanks,
gump:)

My interview over 1 1/2 years ago was a grand total of 12 minutes. Your resume does a lot to guide them in their questions. Just relax and be yourself. Remember they want to see if they could stand sitting next to you for a week at a time. Bring your sense of humor.

Sim was CJIII in ICT. First little airplane in over 20 years. Good thing they don't grade below 300 feet. It flies like a 172. As I remember, it was a simple departure from ATL, RV to PDK, loss of radar contact, approach back into ATL. The issue was procedures during loss of radar contact. My FO messed up a little and caused me a go around, we both got hired.

This stuff my help...

I was in the first interview conducted at the NJA HQ in CMH in Oct 02. I believe the process is the same now.

We, 18 of us, were flown to CMH by NJA the day prior to the interview. That evening, we were given a tour of the HQ and a power point presentation about the company. Then, we were assigned a sim partner, given the sim profile and charts. Wilmington, Del. by th way...

The next day, bright and early, we were picked up and taken to the FSI facility at CMH. They put us in a lounge with a table full of bagels, danishes, fruit, coffee and juice. We were given our Sim times and the first panel interview victom was called.

Ok, The sim ride...It was in a CE500. No sound, motion or visuals.
Steam guages on the left side and a 1st generation PFD on the right.

The profile was like this.

Aircraft on runway and runnung. We had abbreviated checklists and ran the Before Start and Before Take Off CL's.
Be sure you set all Nav/Com freqs including calling for ATIS. You are the PIC in the left seat so be sure to brief the take off and departure. You are evaluated on CRM form the second you sit in the sim till you get out. USE YOUR PARTNER! The evaluator will deciede how much help your sic can give so use him/her.
Take off...call for after take off CL. vector to steep turns. Then a clearence to the LOM on the ILS you will be flying for a non published NDB hold. One turn in holding then RV to ILS.

Fly like its the real deal...I got behind on the pitch/power and was chasing the glide slope..it got bad so I went missed about 200' prior to DH...guess that was OK since I got called the next day for a X class in two weeks!

The interview was relaxed but in depth. I wrote down all the questions I could remember on my flight home that evening. Here are some, in no particular order...

How many jets does NJA have?
What type FMS/EFIS are you currently flying?
What qualities make you a good pilot?
What makes a good capt?
What are the indications of an ADC1 failure(specific to the A/C I was currently flying)
Customer questions like, The pres. of coke is onboard, you are getting ready to taxi and he comes up and complains that all the drinks onboard are pepsi...And, You are enroute from MDW to STL with 1 pax, Your brief is to drop him and ASAP to TEB to pick up 4 pax to PDK. These pax are already late since their original aircraft broke. Now, the pax you have now comes up and says he left his briefcase in MDW...what do you do? Remember, the owner you have NOW is the OWNER for all these type questions. Take care of your owner and let the company deal with the rest. The answer is you go back to MDW.

Whats the last book you read?
They asked me 2 memory items for the CRJ
Brief the arrival and app to Aspen
On the arrival to Aspen, at 140KIAS, what rate of decent will you need for a visual app?
what is the slope of the runway at Aspen?
What was the worst malf you had?
What do you do to relax?
Capt flying, ILS, nothing in sight at DH, Capt keeps going below...what do you do?
What do you need to go below DH to 100'?
They pulled this one out of the archives...The capt says lets meet for dinner at 6. You change and go to lobby at 6...you see the capt get out of the elevator wearing a dress and heels...what do you do?

I left out about 10 other questions. Interview took about 35 mins.

Hope this helps...Good luck

Latest resources

Back