1st Lawsuit in CO crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What???

An expected post from McNugget...not big enough to be a chicken strip.

Actually when I read Mcnuggets comment, I thought he meant compensation should be a couple of free drink coupons on a future flight with a %10 off full coach fare voucher for future use. There will need to be three free drink coupons so the lawyer will be able to take his 33% in the form of a drink coupon.
That should be just compensation.

I think every passenger that tries to sue an airline for BS "almost dying" reasons like this should be banned from flying on airlines that choose to ban them. Wish it happened.

Actually when I read Mcnuggets comment, I thought he meant compensation should be a couple of free drink coupons on a future flight with a %10 off full coach fare voucher for future use. There will need to be three free drink coupons so the lawyer will be able to take his 33% in the form of a drink coupon.
That should be just compensation.

You're being too generous.

I can't even to begin to tell everyone how much more pleasant FI is when McNugget is on your ignore list! Try it out and enjoy.

I love this quote from the lawyer:

“Continental knows what happened already,” he said. “It’s clear it was not wind shear. No other planes or pilots had any issues that day in the same position.

I guess he must be talking about that windshear that hangs around for while.

The civil suit, filed in state district court in Houston, alleges that the airline and the two pilots on board Flight 1404 were negligent in aborting a troubled takeoff and crashing into a nearby ravine a few days before Christmas."

There's the most troubling part of this deal. I hope they are not trying to sue the pilots individually. As part of the "takin' it back" program, chubs needs to get some legislation going to protect us from this crap.

PIPE

Luckily for all of us according to the law, first of all you can only sue for negligence if you were actually hurt otherwise no lawsuit.

Second for negligence to apply you need to have whats called "proximate cause". one very important part of proximate cause is forseeability, that is "whether the defendant reasonably should have forseen that his conduct might cause harm to the plaintiff". If these guys did everything by the book then they have nothing to worry about!

Hopefully the judge will dismiss the bogus lawsuit as fast as it came about!
Be carefull out there everyone....

HHHmmmm....thats very odd. theses two cr***s dont even know each other but somehow are being represented by the same d-bag attorney. Hey Mr. Gibson, I was standing in line at Safeway the other for 4 minutes, can ya get me a pound of burger for my troubles. Hey Mr. Gibson, I was stuck in traffic the other day for a while , can ya get me some free gas from the DOT.

What a jerk!!!

Latest resources

Back