1st Lawsuit in CO crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm surprised it took this long.

they just couldn't wait for the conclusion of the the investigation. Sue first, questions later.

Hopefully, those passengers will get the compensation they deserve!

This guy can't even spell.

"Thirty-eight people including the captain of the plain were injured."

The civil suit, filed in state district court in Houston, alleges that the airline and the two pilots on board Flight 1404 were negligent in aborting a troubled takeoff and crashing into a nearby ravine a few days before Christmas."

There's the most troubling part of this deal. I hope they are not trying to sue the pilots individually. As part of the "takin' it back" program, chubs needs to get some legislation going to protect us from this crap.

PIPE

They are suing because "they thought they were going to die". I could be suing other drivers everyday if this is all it takes to sue someone.

They claim that CAL knows the cause of the crash. Well why doesnt the NTSB save all their time and call CAL for the cause.

They claim that they arent suing for tons of money, just enough to replace lost items, lost wages ( one is a college student, shouldnt have much lost wages), and medical bills. But then they leave it open if they find that if CAL was responsible, then they will sue for more. I thought they already know whose fault it was.

I am no expert here, but wasnt there a UAL and a USAir 737 that crashed and killed everyone. I think these pax should be thanking these pilots and CAL for saving their lives.

Houston courts have little sympathy for the uninjured filing lawsuits. This took a while because most lawyers in Houston realize this. So it had to filter down to this fifth string ambulance chaser.

Latest resources

Back