1900 gear collapse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Groundpounder said:
it was just on the news here in FLL, they said it was had 23 people on board.

I wonder if the PFTer in the right seat had to pay extra for this.

Hmmmmmm....19 passenger seats and a crew of 2. 19+2=21. Did they have a couple more in the aisle or cargo? :erm:

2000flyer said:
Hmmmmmm....19 passenger seats and a crew of 2. 19+2=21. Did they have a couple more in the aisle or cargo? :erm:

They installed a bench jump seat in the cockpit (a la DC-9) so they can carry two more PFTers. For only $20k you can have 250 hours as either the flight engineer or navigator on a B190.

As an unrelated side note, ever see the ad for "Jet University" in Flying? Picture of a 727, I think it mentions getting jet time. Anyway, I tried calling the number so I could screw around with whoever answered, and it turns out that it was really just another Gulfstream ad! Anyway, thought I'd share that tidbit.

Groundpounder said:
They installed a bench jump seat in the cockpit (a la DC-9) so they can carry two more PFTers. For only $20k you can have 250 hours as either the flight engineer or navigator on a B190.

LOL funny

chimichanga said:
I'd guess lap children... (A really stupid and dangerous concept, IMO, but it's still legal.)
all the more reason to moon them.

erj-145mech said:
That would be Continental Connection, not Express. Two seperate carriers, operating two seperate fleet types.

I don't fly for the commuters, don't know who owns what and don't even really care. I just saw the Continental logo on the tail.

ak

FN FAL said:
Why are you sitting, I would have been running...running so I could get in a good position to moon somebody on the plane. It wouldn't matter who...just so they could get home from their vacation and tell people, "There I was, thought I was gonna die...then all the sudden some fat guy with a hairy butt ran up and mooned us."

LMAO.

How do you figure that?

Um, they are both sub-contractors for CO's flying.

Those guys did a great job. You folks should be applauding them for how well that was handled. I know both those guys, and they are very professional pilots.

Good job guys!

Continental Express is explicitly ExpressJet Airlines.

Connection, as you know, is Gulfstream, Colgan, Cape Air, and so on.

The_Russian said:
I know both those guys, and they are very professional pilots.

pro·fes·sion·al adj.
  1. Performed by persons receiving pay.
Technically speaking, I don't think you can call the F/O a professional. :erm:

Seriously though, glad nobody was hurt.

Latest resources

Back