• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lowecur

So, what do you think?

Tell me the truth Lowercur...

Did you cry? Come on I know its embarassing.
All kidding aside, I think it looks nice...

Re: So, what do you think?

Swerpipe said:
Tell me the truth Lowercur...

Did you cry? Come on I know its embarassing.
All kidding aside, I think it looks nice...
Of course I did. :D I have a friend who works here in South Florida for ERJ, and he said he will get me on when it stops in FLL on the road trip.

Also the 170 will have certification on 2/20. This means that UAIR or one of their block carriers should be flying sometime in the next 60 days.:)

I think it's a fantastic airplane. I sat in the 170 in FLL and was very impressed.

Anyone have links to other pics? The Embraer website is somewhat lacking so far.

Has anyone seen USAir's, Canadair's or JetBlue's proposed pay rates for the ERJ?

Lowecur,

You seem to be the one to ask this question, which frankly has been nagging me for awhile. Is there any significance to the Brazilian registrations on the 170s in the test program? So far I think I have seen PP-XJA through PP-XJF, while the 145XR and other planes do not have XJ-anything. Is there an internal Embraer significance to using the letters XJ?

Thanks,

CWASaab
(yup, I fly for XJ, Mesaba that is)

CWA

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I asked the guru on the yahoo board, we'll see if he gets back to me.

Just a guess, but A thru F are the first 6 to roll out for testing and the road show. XJ probably is some sort of code that these Jets don't have a buyer yet. They will be sold used at some point I would think.

I'll get back to you if I hear from him.

G4G5,

Well, the U pay is being debated on a couple of threads. Believe it is 58k for the CA and 38k for the FO.

As far as jetBlue is concerned, I am not sure anyone has seen it yet, but I sure hope it is more than U. The only saving grace, if they match it, would be the ability to over to the 320, since I think mainline growth is all but over at U.

Apparently, plenty of commuters will have higher payscales on smaller jets than U, so I think the furloughed boys at U just got hosed by their on union.

Yeah,

Do you think any self-respecting commuter exec., er, regional airline exec. would pay their pilots more than a "major"? This is the beginning of the big ugly slide down the back of the toilet for the regional guys. Not good. This aircraft should not be a "regional" jet just because of the manufacturer. It's too bad. Looks like a real nice jet though. I'll be the ERJ-2XX will be even bigger/better.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back