• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

173 Contract Towers Closing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I bet half of our pilots don't know how to get an IFR clearance at a non-towered airport.

Well here's a hint: The absence of a control tower does not give you the right to make a straight in approach at 250kts when there's other traffic in the pattern

Well here's a hint: The absence of a control tower does not give you the right to make a straight in approach at 250kts when there's other traffic in the pattern

It does if you're over 600,000lbs! It's written somewhere....I think.

I would rather make a straight in approach, then fly over head and get into the pattern with single engine pistons that are 100kts slower.

Seriously...how will this impact us at all? FTY or any darn place else. Why do we need a tower? In most cases it's easier to get out and in without the tower. (Small airports that is) FTY really cannot justify the tower they simply do not have enough t/o and departures a day. Course it'll now be a pain to deal with dobbins....sighh

Latest resources

Back