• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FastestPA31Ever

Meat Jerkin' Beef Boys
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/05/travel/air-traffic-towers-closing/index.html

Fulton County, my home airport, is on that list. We just got the email today from the airport manager. I'm not politically savvy enough to know if this is all really going to happen, or if it is just the latest in a series of bluffs.

Can anyone see how this is going to work for the many, many, corporate operators who fly out of these types of airports? At FTY there are 5 multi-billion dollar company flight departments - do they have an sway in decision making? Maybe split the $500,000+ per year it takes to keep the tower open?

Very frustrating times.

Well we know that the administration ordered their agencies to make the cuts as negative and visible as possible, this is just an example.

They have plenty of money to investigate the Harlem Shake on frontier, so I still think they're overfunded.

KSUN should be a good time during ski season.

During ski season? That is the easy time... You should try going in the week after July 4th... Allen and Company come to town and it is a total circus. 50+ gulfstreams parked on the ramp and 3 on approach at any one time.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/05/travel/air-traffic-towers-closing/index.html

Fulton County, my home airport, is on that list. We just got the email today from the airport manager. I'm not politically savvy enough to know if this is all really going to happen, or if it is just the latest in a series of bluffs.

Can anyone see how this is going to work for the many, many, corporate operators who fly out of these types of airports? At FTY there are 5 multi-billion dollar company flight departments - do they have an sway in decision making? Maybe split the $500,000+ per year it takes to keep the tower open?

Very frustrating times.

Fulton county and some of the other counties maybe busy but moving here from SoCal I find it hard to mistake any of the local airports for KSNA, KVNY, KBUR, KSMO, KPSP, and KSBA.

Latest resources

Back