• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

15th 737 for AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Leases......at hiring 30 a mo more or less indef......riiiiiighht. Could be wrong tho.

FYI: Read in the aviation daily news today that Joe Leonard said there was indeed a plan back in the spring at possibly sub-leasing some 737's to slow growth and put a possible lid on capacity due to the fact that the projected revenue forcasts looked a little off......now with such a summer boost and the recent posting of the 2nd quarter results the plan has been "put on the back burner for now" and the growth plan is still in full effect!

We will take delivery of 6 more 737-700's this year for a total of 21 at years end.

It's good to see that Air Tran is doing good also. I think we (SWA) need to keep our eye on you guys (Air Tran). Air Tran has new 717,737-700 nice people and a good product.

If the rumor is true about short term leasing out some 717's, anyone working at AirTran willing to PM me a contact name and/or number so we can talk to someone about a couple of 717's?

If the rumor is true about short term leasing out some 717's, anyone working at AirTran willing to PM me a contact name and/or number so we can talk to someone about a couple of 717's?

Ha-ha . . . fat chance of that happening!

Latest resources

Back