• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

152 Rental Rate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The way the prices are sky rocketing now it makes a guy wish that I would have taken advantage of those prices a few years ago. Funny how it seemed really expensive at 50 bucks but I would kill for those prices now. 172's used to go for 70-80 and now the going rate seems to average $135 an hour wet in my area.

buy?

so what do you guys think? if a guy was going to learn to fly, would it be cheaper to buy a decent 152 and rent for his complex/multi ans some ifr stuff, or rent 120 an hour 172s?

Yes and fly the crap out of it before it breaks. If your a PP and looking to become a instructor get your comm etc. Buy a 150 fly the heck out of it I'm talking 7-10 hours at least a week. Sell it before you get to your commerical the get that and do your CFI.

I had the sweetest 150 you could ever find. What a beauty, never was in a flight school, flew straight as can be, put a new engine on it and flew it for 450 hours. Sold it for 2000 or so grand less then I had it it, so I basically flew for free minus the gas.

$52 an hour, wet, for a 125 hp Sparrowhawk. Fun little plane, but at that rate, availability is sometimes tough.

In IL I used (1995 - 2001) to belong to a club that had a nice 152 for $25 wet. Real nice airplane. But some one broke it and the replacement bird sucked. I think they are currently selling it, but just recently it was running I think in the $40-$45 range.

Back in '87 I was able to get one for $36 an hour, wet. What is it these days?

Back in 1975 and 76, the 152 didn't exist. But I could get a C-150 for $13.50 per hour and an instructor for $6.50 per hour for basic and $7.50 for advance instruction.

Latest resources

Back