152 Rental Rate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hoover

Back in '87 I was able to get one for $36 an hour, wet. What is it these days?

Last fall I saw one for around $80 - $90 don't remember exactly. I rented the same plane back in '98 - '99 for $50 and hour wet.

$80 HWO, Hollywood/Fort Lauderdale

$60-$75 Nocal

$70/hr outside philly area for a 152. In 90-93 time frame when I learned in the same 152 it was 40 to 42 an hour.

today it's 70/hr plus 4.5/hr for insurance surcharge (non-taxed) an hour rental works out to:

152 rental - 70
tax - 4.20 (6% PA sales)
insurance - 4.50 (not taxed)
total = $78.70 for one hour of c-152 fun

Last edited:
You'll love this. In 99-00 i had access to a 180hp conversion 172 for $45 an hour wet and a 152 for $32 an hour wet. It was a college flight club but there were no dues or fees and the aircraft were nice!

Back in '87 I was able to get one for $36 an hour, wet. What is it these days?
I'm going to show my age here, I learned to fly back in 1966 - primarily in an Aeronca 7AC Champ. I joined a flying club which had a couple of Champs and a Cessna 170. As I remember, it cost me $75 to join and $4.50 a month for dues. The Champ cost $4.00 an hour wet, the Cessna 170 was $7.00 an hour wet.

Neither airplane had a full panel which, like today, was needed to take the checkride back then so I had to go to a local FBO and get checked out in a brand spanking new Cessna 150. I bought a 10-hour block of time, wet, for a total of $60.00. A few weeks after passing my checkride I took a lesson in a brand new Mooney M20C Ranger. It rented for the grand sum of $16.00 an hour.

Everything is realitive though - my private cost me a grand total of right around $600, but at the time I was making $1.25 an hour bagging groceries so nothing has really changed.

LS

I did my comm and cfi then instructed in a navy club:

25/hr engine tach, wet c-150 and 47/hr wet T-34B.

wish I never left the club - miss that T-34, nice flying plane.

Latest resources

Back