• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1500+ furlough TWA F/A's to be trained as AA SCABS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How can anyone be called a scab anymore in this industry. Scabs cross union picket lines, and I haven't seen evidence of anything that can be considered a real union in this industry for decades.

How can anyone be called a scab anymore in this industry. Scabs cross union picket lines, and I haven't seen evidence of anything that can be considered a real union in this industry for decades.

My vote for best post of the day.

Well, that's because its an 'Associaton'!!! It says it in the name; just an 'association' of pilots. You know like the Pro Golfer Association, right, and they're not a union, are they??? No.

As long as the Association just lets management pit one MEC/group again another, and act like they Care, as they collect the dues and spend the money, NOTHING will change. You're right NOT a REAL Union.

When the head of alpa is making $400,000++ a year, 'who's bar do you think he is interested in raising'???? The head of any union should NEVER make anymore than 10-15% above the pay of the 'average member' THEN, maybe they would care about Truly 'raising the bar' You Think??

PD

The 1300 who accepted the recall should do that to protect their seniority. Not accepting recall could remove you from the seniority list. They are not scabs until they cross the picket line. My neighbor was hired after the TWA merger at AA. She won't be back until after all the TWA FA's are back. AA would have been a lot better off if they had never gone through with the deal. No one expected 9/11 and what it would do to the industry.

Ahh correction, 9/11 was the spark to demise of the industry. ********************ty management, followed by government bailout's that still put them into bankruptcy, followed by some very arrogant statements's by W concerning labor groups during his term as POTUS, and his lifetime court appointments that continually denied the rights of labor to really do anything about their situation, loss of pay benefits, pensions, etc. A strike you say, not in this day and age. Some judge will stop it before it happens, the same mustache different *********************************** club (ALPA) will whine, IBT will issue a statement, and nothing will be done. You ain't scabbing unless you are on strike. Hasn't been one since early '01, Comair, and I think World had a strike.

The TWA FA's have too much integrity to scab. Once a scab, always a scab. My wife and I retired from AA after being acquired by them in 87. I was a pilot and she was an FA. Neither of us would consider scabbing no matter how badly we were treated. I think they are above that level too. A few will but it won't make a difference in a strike. We both walked our picket lines on two occasions and would have given up our jobs before scabbing. I think most crew members feel the same.

Classy post

Good on em'!

The entire AA crew will suddenly realize they are not replaceable. The TWA stews were some of the best, and it will be the best day in AA history when they can once again take charge.

Pilots next!

Not classy post

and yet you hear younger guys go around pointing fingers at the preveous generation as if they are to blame for everything that has gone wrong.

(I'll bet I've opened a can of worms!)

If every furloughed FA accepts training and finishes training, the company thinks they have a backup plan. Then if the time comes to use the replacements, it'll be great if none of them cross the line.

If every furloughed FA accepts training and finishes training, the company thinks they have a backup plan. Then if the time comes to use the replacements, it'll be great if none of them cross the line.

Maybe some of them will meet their next husband or wife while in training.

Latest resources

Back