Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

$150 per barrel, your opinion of the impact.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Read:

www.yubanet.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi/8/15426

and

www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net

READ THOSE SITES!!
After you read those sites, you'll realize $150/barrel in the next five years IS GOING TO HAPPEN because of SUPPLY ISSUES.

We're about to enter into a new world. A very scary world.

Jet
American, Delta, Northwest, Continental, Southwest, Jet Blue, Airtran, Comair, ASA, Express Jet, etc. are all going to be affected. It's gonna suck.

GO to www.peakoil.com which is a forum devoted to the oil problem the world is facing. You'll learn more than you want to know. Trust me!

jetflyer said:
Read:

and

READ THOSE SITES!!
After you read those sites, you'll realize $150/barrel in the next five years IS GOING TO HAPPEN because of SUPPLY ISSUES.

We're about to enter into a new world. A very scary world.

Jet
American, Delta, Northwest, Continental, Southwest, Jet Blue, Airtran, Comair, ASA, Express Jet, etc. are all going to be affected. It's gonna suck.

GO to www.peakoil.com which is a forum devoted to the oil problem the world is facing. You'll learn more than you want to know. Trust me!

Will you be wearing your airline hat when I come over and get your food and water? Just let me know...so I can bring a polaroid land camera with me.

...it is simple: either our gov't can invest now in making petrolium alternatives economically viable, thus also stimulating the economy and guaranteeing U.S. technological & economic leadership in in the future... or keep the status quo, keep drilling, keep pretending it will all be okay...

I know which I'd rather have my gov't doing :(

I think in our lifetimes we'll either see a nice transition of technology away from expensive petrol to something cheaper (soft-landing approach), preserving whatever oil is left for those industries that really neeed it (aviation does come to mind), or a more hard reality of drastic lifestyle change because we didn't adapt... the choice is ours.

As long as we've got a government full of rich dudes that own lots of stock in oil companies, alternative energy sources are not going to happen in the US.

Unfortunately Prince I agree with you,

I think they'll try to ramp up production of the existing ENERGY resources like coal, natural gas, and of course oil, but will fail to invest in alternatives.

Coal and natural gas will be converted to liquids for transportation fuel. Technologies for this will be funded dramatically and will have to as we get on the backside of HUBBERT'S PEAK. (If you don't know what Hubbert's Peak is, read the articles I posted in my previous thread or at the BOTTOM OF THIS THREAD.)

We will put our military presence in the MIDDLE EAST soon to make sure we have a stronghold on the WORLD'S ENERGY RESOURCES. OH WAIT WE'VE ALREADY DONE THAT! GOOD! GOOD!

It's good we're over there and have control of those oil fields. I just wish it were all going better than it is.

Also I wonder if the $200 Billion we've spent over in the MIDDLE EAST could have been spent better on ALTERNATIVE ENERGY RESOURCES. Maybe even get HYDROGEN past the TECHNOLOGICAL problems that technology is facing.

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, and the gang decided how they were going to SAVE the US from peak oil problems. Plan A isn't going so well. Let's hope their PLAN B (NEW ENERGY POLICY) gets passed through congress soon, and can make a difference.

I used to say, pray for Delta and Comair. After learning about PEAK OIL three weeks ago, I say pray for the WORLD,

Jet
Websites once again for introduction:
and
and here is a recent Associated press article:
http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newsstory.asp?cat=news&referrer=welcome&id=20050528/4297ecc0_3421_1334520050528-950973917

Last edited:
irapilot,

Do you also post on www.peakoil.com ?

I've been there about three weeks under the username chuck6877.

I have learned more than I ever wanted to know about energy, thermodynamics, cold fusion, biodiesel, ethanol, EROEI, solar, nuclear, solar, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Global catastrophe, etc

The people that post there are very intelligent and I've actually ran across several other pilots.

I wish the people weren't so pessimistic though. If you bring up alternative energy sources that might save us in the future, they bash them down and say we're doomed. A lot of them want us to live in the stone age again.

see ya at peakoil.com,

Jet

Last edited:
jetflyer said:
I wish the people weren't so pessimistic though. If you bring up alternative energy sources that might save us in the future, they bash them down and say we're doomed. A lot of them want us to live in the stone age again.
I agree. I find this to be a troubling theme on a lot of the peak oil websites. Life After The Oil Crash is one of the worst. The only advice I was really able to gather from that site is "Hang it up folks, this is the end." Doesn't really motivate one to try to solve the problem. One by one, the author brings up, and shoots down every alternative energy source available. Hybrid cars, biodiesel, ethanol, hydrogen, solar, wind.....forget it, he says.

Makes me wonder if he is actually in bed with the oil companies!

LAXSaabdude.

Thing is, people are freaking out over the 55+/barrel price now. Inflation adjusted, the late 70's, early 80's oil crisis, oil was just around $90/barrel. I'd say that's the point you'd start seeing an impact. Oil prices have increased over 10% the last few weeks, yet gasoline prices have stayed relatively stable. Also, you are paying $90/barrel for gasoline already as is if you use the average US regular price of @2.20 or so. I don't think it will hit 150 anytime soon, and I doubt in 5 years.

I'm afraid I cannot share the doom and gloom forecast. I believe more and more money will be poured into alternatives, indeed, lots of money already is being invested in that very area. From what I read, there is a tremendous financial incentive for those who can perfect the processing of alternative fuels, and this will drive the research more than the doomsday scenarios (cash is king, after all).

When JetA hits $6.00 a gallon ticket prices will need to rise ... and they will. The cost of 135 charters will increase ... but people will still need to fly on their own schedule. Flying may be curtailed by my corporate employers ... but I don't see the airplanes being sold. Jobs will be lost in aviation ... many more flight schools may close up shop ... corporate flying will decrease ... but people will still fly.

The sky, though acting incredibly strange, will not fall.

:D

Minhberg Little

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back