• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

15 on 13 off

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did a 14 and 14 once upon a time. I was single and I could jumpseat back when there were lots of empty seats and jumpseating was easy. It was great going on vacation every month. Now that I'm married, I wouldn't want to do it ever again, but I wouldn't have a problem with it being a choice as long as it wasn't mandatory.

I think a typical regional schedule of 3 on, 2 off would be better. For every 15 on then you would have 10 off. So, you would have less days off than on the fractional schedule. And, you would get to commute twice on the two days off that you have! That would be MUCH better than commuting once and having 13 days off!

cliff
GRB

Hell Yeah!

Now how do you folks pack for 15 days gone?

Seriously? What planet are you from? You are a pansy if you can't pack for 2 weeks or more into a normal size roll bag, how much crap do you need to bring with you that you never use anyways..

I work 1 month on and get 1 month off with pay and love my schedule and am married, and have been for 10 years. The month go's by fast and then I get a whole month off to do whatever I want..

Not aware of too many airlines that offer 6 months off per year with pay, but a pansy like you can't handle being gone that long because you would not be able to pack enough

4 on 3 off or 3 on 4 off or whatever schedule you are on sucks, by the time you get home and take care of your stuff, you have to head back to work.

Its all yours if that is what you like, I will keep my 30 days off and enjoy my long vacation............

Since this is in the fractional forum, I assume the schedules we're discussing are for fractional flying.

There is no way I would want to work longer than the 8 days I currently work - in the fractional environment. Packing for longer than that is an issue. Most tours over the last year have been so busy there wasn't time to do laundry. When you're being scheduled for 14hr duty days (not to mention the 10 in 24 flight hour issues) back to back to back, your duty "free" time leaves you little time for more than a quick bite, maybe some exercise, and, hopefully, restful sleep. Of course several of those nights are going to result in something less than restful sleep, so cumulative fatigue becomes a factor.

If a 15 on 13 off schedule has some guaranteed extended rest days, or if the type of flying leaves you on reserve at the hotel for a few of those 15 days, maybe. But trying to work that schedule in our type of flying is, in my opinion, dangerous. If they tried to implement that system-wide, the fatigue calls would come fast and furious starting at about day 7.

Of course our schedule can't be modified without amending our union negotiated contract, so 15-on, 13-off ain't happenin'. And I'm protected from retaliatory action should I call fatigue. Not all of the fractional companies have those protections. But thankfully, we do.

Latest resources

Back